Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I introduced myself on the newbie thread a few days ago - I want to buy an Alfa with my redundancy. I'd narrowed it down to the GT or the 159 but preferred the body line of the GT and my husband was more in favour of the sportier model.

Went to the dealership on Saturday for a test-drive and realised I'm just too tall for it - when sat up straight the roof line is in the middle of my line of vision!!! - I can wriggle down but to get a clear view I am uncomfortable. I am 6ft but now I'm being told that I might have the same problem with the Brera - is this right?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Strange, I'm 6' 2" and have no problem in either the GT or the Brera :confused:
Did the GT you tried have a sunroof?

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Hope this doesn't come across as a stupid question...but was the seat set right down on its lowest setting....:)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm 6'3" and have never had a problem sitting in an Alfa, not even my old GTV. Admittedly, I wouldn't want to be too much taller, but at 6' I'm surprised you had a problem.

As braddersgt says, did you have the seat set as low as it will go, little pump handle down by the right hand side of the driver's seat.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Did you try lowering the seat? You should fit easily!

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've driven every Alfa, and at 6'2" had no headroom problems in any of them. I'm short of legroom in a MiTo and find the pedals awkward in a 147. Although I can appreciate the appeal of a GT, try that and a 159 on a road with twists and bumps in it, there's really no comparison, the 159 wins easily.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Strangely enough - the seat felt realy high. I'd say base of seat to carpet probably 8-9 inches - does that sound right?
I asked the dealer and he said the seat was down?!
I might go back this afternoon and have another sit in.
Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am 6' 1' and life with my Brera is, well, manageable. Ok, the sliding roof is always retracted but it's not that I have to tilt the seat in some really awkward position.

If things are that bad, I have been told that you can actually cut a cm or so from the seat railings. It's not that complicated.

·
Registered
86 Posts
As everyone else has already said - at 6' it shouldn't be an issue. I'm over 6'3" and fit quite happily in my GT, though I did have to fiddle about with the seat settings for a while and if I need a haircut my barnet brushes the headlining.

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
I'm over 6'5" (more than 195 cm) and I am ok in 147, 156, GT, brera if they dont have sunroof.

G

·
0 Posts
I reiterate what everyone is saying....you should fit in a GT no problem at 6 foot. I found I had loads of room in my GT and when my mate who is about the same height as me drove it he actaully put the seat up a bit

·
Registered
685 Posts
When I was 147 hunting I tried lowering the seat on one and it wouldn't budge; the seat mechanism had broken. The salesman didn't seem to want to admit it ... maybe he's trying to pull the wool??

I'm 6'3" and have no problems in the GTA. I have the seat as low as possible and have a good few inches of head room.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have problems in a brera S, fold yourself into job, very undignified guess it was the seat. In my 156 have no problems with seat low same with the mito, brera, 159, 147.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts