Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a newbie, I've never owned an Alfa and I'm considering buying a Mito. I'm winding down to retirement aged 50. Am I too old for a Mito? Is it a late mid life crisis? What is the average age of Mito owners?

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Hi,

I'm a newbie, I've never owned an Alfa and I'm considering buying a Mito. I'm winding down to retirement aged 50. Am I too old for a Mito? Is it a late mid life crisis? What is the average age of Mito owners?

Well, I think most of them have left School !!!!......:rolleyes::lol:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
hi & welcome to AO :). you are definitely not too old for a Mito, there've been a fair few debates about this, but don't take any notice, its a car for all ages, I absolutely love mine :thumbsup:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
im 50 too so dont take any notice..there are a few threads about this but take no notice and enjoy...ii love my very first alfa...shes fab

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your responses, feeling better about it now. My other dilemma is colour. Can't choose between graphite grey, solid black with all its associated problems eg stone chips, keeping it clean, and alfa red which I know is the colour to go for but it might be a wee bit too in your face for me. The alfa red on the Alfa website and the Mito adverts is beautiful but I tested an alfa red mito the other day and the red looks different from the website.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Thanks for your responses, feeling better about it now. My other dilemma is colour. Can't choose between graphite grey, solid black with all its associated problems eg stone chips, keeping it clean, and alfa red which I know is the colour to go for but it might be a wee bit too in your face for me. The alfa red on the Alfa website and the Mito adverts is beautiful but I tested an alfa red mito the other day and the red looks different from the website.
hi, if you mean actual pictures on the website & not the car configurator, then the red is the same as the 8C red & costs £15k, so yes is quite different. The graphite is a good colour & prob would've gone for that if I hadn't loved the etna :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
What's age got to do with it? I'm sure the rock god's are still driving something exotic. If it feels good do it! One of the few benefits with age (IMO) is I don't care less what other's think, I'm 46. I have more guitars and toys now than when I was 18 - probably 'cos I can afford them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never to old

:lol: My husband is picking up his new Mito tomorrow and he is 60, i had a new Fiat Punto last year and he has been running around in the Punto that i had previously. A car that he said he wouldnt be seen in. I had five trouble free years and was very sad to see her go last night. Paul decided that he wanted a new car and had been looking at whats available on the market and had decided on a Fiesta, then about ten weeks ago he said we were going to look at the Mito (just to look) we did a test drive and ended up ordering it. After always going for silver we decided that we had to go for a colour and as far as i am concerned with Alfa Romeo there is only one colour ALFA ROMEO RED. :thumbs:
anyway i hope that we have made the right decision. I have a feeling that i might be on here often. I will keep you posted

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
OH, another new MiTo in the Newport area, Eh !!!!.....:).

Tess will be hounding you down now !!!!!!.........:rolleyes::lol:

...........:cheese::cheese::cheese:........

·
Registered
28 Posts
who cares what other people think, drive what you want whatever your age...the good thing about getting older is that generally the insurance is alot lower and we can afford more things. I'm 41 and have had several nice cars the last few years, not something I could do when I was younger (well I did but then always had to have loans etc.) Buy and enjoy :)
I picked mine up a few days ago, as soon as I got some pics I'll put a new thread on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well I am just over 70 and I want one too.

Oh and it will have to be in Alfa Red and have natural leather seats and Sport Wheels.

Am considering the diesel though, as it is cheaper than petrol where I am.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Well I am just over 70 and I want one too.

Oh and it will have to be in Alfa Red and have natural leather seats and Sport Wheels.

Am considering the diesel though, as it is cheaper than petrol where I am.
good on you James, go get one you will love it :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts