Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am Tony's Dad and I have invaded my son's world to see what I can find out about his time on here. For those that did not know, my son was tragically killed on his motorbike on 21st of August last year. It only just occurred to me to get in touch with you guys as I am sure some of you knew him. I currently own his two AlfA 155s, although my daughter has his 2.0 ts and his black v6 is still at the RAF base at Brize, I would like to get the car home - its a non-runner- and maybe get it running again or even use it. Is there anyone out there who can help me get it home, or any other suggestions please, I would be most grateful.
Dennis Payne

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Dennis,

No words can convey my deepest sorrow for your loss. I and I'm sure some others never had the news.
The AO community is a strong one and I'm sure somebody here will be able to assist you with the 155 and/or anything else you need to know.
All of Tony's posts are still viewable is you do a member search here

My sincere condolences and thoughts.

(no smilie fits right now... :( )

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Hunter, thanks for your comments, right now I can't look any further at the posts so I am taking arest till tonite.
Twoalfasdennis

·
Registered
589 Posts
jeez, didn't recognize the name till i looked up his avatar.

Sad loss, but one thing i do know is me, and every biker i know of, would rather die biking, the thing we love doing most in life, than any other way.

RIP. so sad :( :( :(

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Hello Dennis and welcome to AO. You have my heartfelt condolences for the loss of your son. Hope that our site can be of help to you.

·
Banned
2,213 Posts
hi Dennis!

I've met tony face to face i may i say how devastating and sorry i am to have learnt about his death :(

i met him the morning of national Alfa day on july 2004 when he pulled up in his black 155 v6. we chatted and seemed to really get on well. he came across to me as a really nice lad and had allot going for himself, he was very cheerful and always willing to help. its a terrible loss to us in the 155 community :(

my thoughts are with yourself and your family and i really hope tony didn't suffer towards the end.

RIP

Andy

·
Administrator
60,441 Posts
Hi Dennis, glad to have you on board, sorry about the circumstances,:(.

Can't imagine the pain you have endured with the loss of your son:(, I have one the same age.

On this site there are people that care deeply and I'm sure will help you out with the alfa.

Take courage,
CG

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Hello Dennis and welcome to AO.

I'm so sorry to hear your news regarding Tony. I too remember reading his posts here on AO. A tragic loss that makes it difficult to find the right words.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome Dennis !! :)

Sorry to hear of your loss, please accept delated condolences from all of us in the Nomad household !! :(

T

·
0 Posts
Hello Dennis. i'm shocked at the news. lost for words.

I never met Tony but he came across as a good-un i do hope you get the help you need getting the car back and running. sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hi to everyone who has repleid to the thread. I have been on the other alfa site, trawling through his posts but have had to give it a rest. I had no idea how active he was on the site. His red 2.0Ts lives with clare, his sister, and the black V6, I have found out, that he was intending to get on the road ,and thats why he bought the red alfa until he could do that - I did not know this until I got on to the sites. I think I will have to try and get his V6 back now as it was his favourite after all. it has sat at RAF Brize since the accident and I will have to try and get it home I guess, if anyone can assist. If anyone is in the Oxford area I can arrange for them to liase with the RAF who are willing to assist.
speak to you all again soon, no doubt.
Dennis (Tony's Dad)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In addition, I would like to come along to NAD in his car with Clare, my daughter ,and Daniel, my son. I am sure it would be good for us to meet up and chat, etc. Let me know when its on anyone.
Den

M

·
0 Posts
Welcome Dennis:) , sorry to here that about your son Tony:(

NAD is on the 24th of June

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Welcome to AO!

I can think of no finer tribute to your son than to restore his car to running order, and for you, and your family, to continue to run them in his memory. It's also nice you've decided to be a part of this site yourself.

Enjoy the Alfas!

Ron

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you Gibbo, Mark and Ronald. I have already spent a bit with his mum on the 2.0TS so the VEEE6 will have to wait a while cos I reckon there is plenty to do on it. Anyway the red 2.0TS is running ok again after the clutch slave went on it this week - cost £107 to fix at local garage, the exhaust was two weeks ago - £180, and so on.
Den

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
dennis, so sorry to hear this:( i never spoke to tony on here so at first i didn't click with the name tony24. it wasn't untill i read over on 155 that it was tony:( :(
we often chatted over there as i am from ipswich and we spoke about meeting up.

im glad you have come into the little corners of the internet that tony liked and equally glad that you would love to take his car to national alfa day:D:D

as i am in suffolk and will be going to alfa day you are more than welcome to come up with us (there were 7 155's from ipswich last year:D) and i will keep you informed of meeting points and times if you wish.

i cant help with the transporting of the car but i can point you to an alfa expert in ipswich who is also a 155 owner/enthusiast.

if i am not online you can get me at [email protected]

cheers, phil

1 - 20 of 28 Posts