Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...'even if we'd known there were no WoMD, it still would have been right to invade Iraq and get rid of Saddam Hussein'.

What lying little toad, I seem to remember him being at pains to point out a the time that regime change was not what it was about at all.

Is he worried about his £80,000-a-gig speaking career being damaged or does he find it hard to face facts because he just couldn't live with himself?

Still, never mind, now that he's a Catholic, he can do and say what he likes and receive retrospective absolution for his (for they are, undoubtedly) crimes. Maybe that's why he's changed teams at half-time?

Throw him in jail, along with that hideous, bullying creep Campbell.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...'even if we'd known there were no WoMD, it still would have been right to invade Iraq and get rid of Saddam Hussein'.

What lying little toad, I seem to remember him being at pains to point out a the time that regime change was not what it was about at all.

Is he worried about his £80,000-a-gig speaking career being damaged or does he find it hard to face facts because he just couldn't live with himself?

Still, never mind, now that he's a Catholic, he can do and say what he likes and receive retrospective absolution for his (for they are, undoubtedly) crimes. Maybe that's why he's changed teams at half-time?

Throw him in jail, along with that hideous, bullying creep Campbell.

Not more can be said than that :thumbs:

He, along with all those who supported the war in Iraq have a lot of blood on their hands.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Prime Minister told lies, shock horror I nearly fell off my seat there :lol: The Labour has a lot to answer for, but they never will answer for their crimes against the UK, Revolution any one ?? thought not :cheese: :2:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can go for a revolution, but not this weekend got Christmas shopping to do, how about next Wednesday round about 2:00-2:30pm :)
Ok K9d let me check my diary and get back to you :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A Prime Minister told lies, shock horror I nearly fell off my seat there :lol: The Labour has a lot to answer for, but they never will answer for their crimes against the UK,
I reckon every government in memory has commited crimes of some sort or another against the British people.

But what's this talk of revolution, Ray? Everytime someone dares protest you come on here and call them tree huggers and jobless scum and all those hackneyed old cliches :lol: :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its called Irony mate :)
Would you join arms with the tree huggers and jobless oiks to give Blair and the apoogists the treatment they deserve, Ray?

Go on, you might even get kettled, or hit the jackpot and get a slap off of a copper. Espeically as a Scotsman, you're an ethnic minority. It'd be like a licence to print money ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would you join arms with the tree huggers and jobless oiks to give Blair and the apoogists the treatment they deserve, Ray?

Go on, you might even get kettled, or hit the jackpot and get a slap off of a copper ;)
No I would rather just work and contribute to society thanks :lol:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think one thing to note here, is that with a Tory govt in power, probably exactly the same thing would have happened with regard to both Iraq and the recent banking fiasco.

A Tory govt would have been equally afraid to deny the intense kindness in a special relationship kind of way of the USA's desire for us to go to an illegal and immoral war with them.

A Tory govt would probably have been just as keen to let the City get on with making a fast buck on the never never (while sticking a few dodgy billions into Inland Revenue coffers), while bankers lived (and still do) a life of Porsches, £2M barn conversions in the country, multi-million £ pensions, holidays in the Seychelles, with unlimited supplies of cocaine, champagne and leggy East European prostitutes. I don't remember Tory MP's complaining about it while their '2nd homes' put on £1,000's in value while they did them up at our expense. MP's were some of the biggest winners in the (totally unsustainable) property 'boom'.

I think I'll vote LibDem, that Vince Cable seems a nice bloke :lol:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A Tory govt would probably have been just as keen to let the City get on with making a fast buck on the never never (while sticking a few dodgy billions into Inland Revenue coffers), while bankers lived (and still do) a life of Porsches, £2M barn conversions in the country, multi-million £ pensions, holidays in the Seychelles, with unlimited supplies of cocaine, champagne and leggy East European prostitutes. I don't remember Tory MP's complaining about it while their '2nd homes' put on £1,000's in value while they did them up at our expense. MP's were some of the biggest winners in the (totally unsustainable) property 'boom'.
Agreed. The only difference being that I'd expect all of the above under a tory government.
When a supposedly Labour government are in charge it's a huge slap in the face for the left wing loyals that helped put them there.

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
blair's govt told us that there was no such thing as working/middle class any more, and that we were all middle class

suddenly everybody abandoned their terraced houses and ford mondeos and off they went to buy brand new barratt homes & bmw 318's. never mind that they couldn't afford it, blair told them they DESERVED it. never mind the fact they were mortgaged up to the eyeballs and drowning in a sea of car finance and credit card debt, tony & gordon were GORGING themselves on the tax-take from all the huge profits the finance firms were making. the tax-take was so massive that tony & gordon in fact turned a complete blind eye to it all. and so this new 'welath' that labour told everybody they had was in fact just a house of cards just waitng to collapse

i've no idea whether it would've been any different under the tories but at least they'd have made sure the common plebs didn't get any ideas above their station ;)

oh, and i very much doubt they'd have sold britain's entire gold reserve just when gold hit rock bottom price

but anyway, i digress - blair should be tried as a war criminal... :mad:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
blair's govt told us that there was no such thing as working/middle class any more, and that we were all middle class

suddenly everybody abandoned their terraced houses and ford mondeos and off they went to buy brand new barratt homes & bmw 318's. never mind that they couldn't afford it, blair told them they DESERVED it. never mind the fact they were mortgaged up to the eyeballs and drowning in a sea of car finance and credit card debt, tony & gordon were GORGING themselves on the tax-take from all the huge profits the finance firms were making.
C'mon Al, you are making all this up surely? Like a lot of people, I listen to the news most days and read broadsheet newspapers but I have got no recollection of ever being told anything of the sort. Are you seriously saying that people did not yearn for material belongings they could not afford before new labour came to power? Do you seriously think the PM and Chancellor directly and personally profited from corporate taxation on finance providers?

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
nah of course i'm only messing about the working class thing, but the exchequer made an absolute bloody fortune from taxing the massive profits the big finance companies were making, as well as another massive fortune in stamp duty and inheritance tax off the back of everybody's house tripling in value.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes but the exchequer's money is our money; it is used to run the country. The alternative would have been to not tax the "evil profiteering finance companies" and let the shareholders keep more of the loot that we could have been sharing.

disclaimer: I may not have quoted Al completely accurately....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Labour Government has sold everything, they have bankrupt the country, led us into unwinnable wars, lied about Immigration, lied about expenses, cheated, stolen. Its not rocket science, New Labour = corruption and deception.

Using the argument that it would have been the same under the Conservatives is pretty pathetic really, it was Labour in power, it was Labour that were in charge, therefore I blame Labour.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Still, never mind, now that he's a Catholic, he can do and say what he likes and receive retrospective absolution for his (for they are, undoubtedly) crimes.
As a Catholic, I am in no way offended by that comment ;)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
The Labour Government has sold everything, they have bankrupt the country, led us into unwinnable wars, lied about Immigration, lied about expenses, cheated, stolen. Its not rocket science, New Labour = corruption and deception.
And what did the previous tory governments do? Sold everything, bankrupt the country (twice), taken us into unpopular wars, lied about immigration (and unemployement), cheated, stolen, and were unable to prevent themselves from jumping into bed with all and sundry.

After all, It's not rocket science, Ray. Politicians = corruption and deception. Yes, New Labour have watched over this shambles for the last all too long period, but I don't think things would have been too different no matter who'd been in power.

And I guarantee that Camerons tories will be exactly the same. As will their successors, ad infinitum.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts