Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Have my new GT nearly a week now and love it. The only thing that bothers me is plugging in my TomTom Car kit to the cigar lighter, it's just messy.

So I'm going to buy a new lead on fleabay and permanently wire it and stick an inline fuse in too. The question is - Does anyone know of a handy free cable that I could connect into ? I've done similar on other cars and I prefer this option to splicing into a cable in use for something else.

Thanks for reading.

PS - Very nice 2005 147 2 door Sportivo going on the market soon if anyone's looking for one !

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hi Folks,

Have my new GT nearly a week now and love it. The only thing that bothers me is plugging in my TomTom Car kit to the cigar lighter, it's just messy.

So I'm going to buy a new lead on fleabay and permanently wire it and stick an inline fuse in too. The question is - Does anyone know of a handy free cable that I could connect into ? I've done similar on other cars and I prefer this option to splicing into a cable in use for something else.

Thanks for reading.

PS - Very nice 2005 147 2 door Sportivo going on the market soon if anyone's looking for one !
whats the point if your selling it soon?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did this on my old Fiesta and I wired it into the cigar lighter, minimal splicing needed and no chance of breaking anything serious as it's dead simple wiring!

Or you could try wiring it up to the stereo accessory cable on the cars ISO loom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts