Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Toilet paper -- how do you hang yours?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... which way do you hang yours? Please give reasons for 1) or 2). 3) is self-explanatory, I guess....

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I give up putting it on the holder, so now it is on the stand next to the toilet.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gibbo ... Is that all you're giving as a reason? :rolleyes:

:lol:

(Figures you'd be first to respond... I was actually expecting HM... :eek: )

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Actually you may well find that this is a male/female type of
question. My ex sister-in-law used to work as an office cleaner
a while back and informed me that she had to remember to
put the bog rolls on differently in men's and women's toilets.
Men, apparantly prefer the paper to come over the top and
hang down the front, women, on the other hand, like the paper
to hang down the back nearest to the wall.

My guess is that, in a predominantly male forum, your poll
result will tend towards this answer.

It has every time we've had this poll before anyway :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
If I could find it I'll tell you!

Kids have normally done a runner with it/wrapped toys up in it/took it upstairs for nose bleeds/eaten it etc etc.

P

·
0 Posts
It really annoys me when someone puts the loo roll on the wrong way :mad: It should be over the top of course and I've been know to change the direction of the roll in other people's houses, pubs etc. I'm a very popular guest :D

Is that a bit anal of me?

Tee hee :p

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It really annoys me when someone puts the loo roll on the wrong way :mad: It should be over the top of course and I've been know to change the direction of the roll in other people's houses, pubs etc. I'm a very popular guest :D
You're not the only one...

"Is that a bit anal of me?"

... and I was surprised how long it was before someone made that connection... :lol:

·
Registered
733 Posts
How about when it's inside out and the perforations don't match up:mad:
There's usually a simple cure for that, separate the layers, and give the top layer an extra turn around the roll. After that, the perforations usually match.

And now who's anal...

K

·
0 Posts
There are practical reasons for having it over the top on the outside. A friend of mine used to occasionally claim that it was like forcing a slice of bread between two bricks. (He used to work shifts and apparently working shifts makes you obsessed with the regularity of your motions and gives you a pressing need to report on them.)

In those difficult situations it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that you could get some, shall we say debris, on your hands. If the bog roll is up against the wall it's possible that some of that debris could be transferred onto the wall. And nobody likes a wall with **** on it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts