Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Do you waste some loo roll sheets before use?

• Carry my own wipes :rolleyes:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Warning Public Poll

Okay time for another silly poll :p

But nevertheless an important(ish) question, hygiene wise :eek: I mean where did the the hand visit last, which used that loo roll last :eek:

[… stems a bit from a very old toilet etiquette post of mine :D]

Before you use toilet paper in a public or outside home situation, would you drop a few sheets down the pan before you use them... for whatever purpose? :confused: Doesn't have to be to wipe yer bum but also like blowing yer nose or drying yer hands due to no dryer/towels or summat ;)

So do you?!? :confused:

V

·
0 Posts
Enter public establishment. Pull off a sheet of paper and use on door handle to close door. Use as many sheets as necessary to get the away-from-home seat into a half-decent condition. Wipe the flush handle with another couple of sheets. Ass-ume the position and activate the important muscles. Thoroughly scour the Pacific rim for unwanted pirates. Flush away unwanted detritus. Adjust dress before leaving. Use another sheet to open door and place in waste paper receptacle by the sink. Wash hands thoroughly and use automatic dryer or paper towels. Otherwise shake hands to remove unwanted water. Leave the premises touching no door handles or surfaces as you go. Use outside of knuckles if touching of a door handle is necessary. Go home and continue reading Howard Hughes book.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
:rolleyes:

Kurt ... wtf are you on now ;)

I wish I never read this poll :(

;)

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Kurt - what is it with you and this toilet obsession??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :tut:

I refuse to answer this poll on the basis that:

1. It is fueling an unnatural and unhealthy obsession on your part

and

2. You have activated that profiling machine again (don't think I didn't notice... :tut: :rolleyes: )

:D

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
slight diverson but along the same lines, saving the rainforests by only using 1 sheet of toilet roll,

1. do your business
2. take 1 sheet of paper and fold in half twice
3. locate the folded corner and tear thumbnail sized piece from this corner, save this for later
4. fold out the sheet and insert middle finger into the hole in the middle
5. use finger to clean, urm the area to be cleaned
6. use the sheet to clean finger
7. take corner you tore off earlier and use it to clean under fingernail
8. dispose of sheet
9. rainforests saved
10. smelly finger for rest of day
11. dont eat with this hand
12. dont pick nose with this finger

these are tongue in cheek instructions given to sqaddies on using latrines in the field, saves having to carry full bog rolls, only need to take a few sheets on exercise ;)

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
jabberwocky said:
slight diverson but along the same lines, saving the rainforests by only using 1 sheet of toilet roll,

1. do your business
2. take 1 sheet of paper and fold in half twice
3. locate the folded corner and tear thumbnail sized piece from this corner, save this for later
4. fold out the sheet and insert middle finger into the hole in the middle
5. use finger to clean, urm the area to be cleaned
6. use the sheet to clean finger
7. take corner you tore off earlier and use it to clean under fingernail
8. dispose of sheet
9. rainforests saved
10. smelly finger for rest of day
11. dont eat with this hand
12. dont pick nose with this finger

these are tongue in cheek instructions given to sqaddies on using latrines in the field, saves having to carry full bog rolls, only need to take a few sheets on exercise ;)

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!! TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:(

:lol:

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
drop paper in every time :D

when i was 12 a girl in my class told me to do so (she was shot to bits and so funny)

she said it stops the water splashing up at you (which sometimes is quite soothing if you have had indian the night before :cheese: )
and stops the sound of bombing china when in public loos :cheese:

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
i always drop a couple of sheets down the bog to ''soften the landing'' as i dont like bog water full of bleach and stuff splashing me on my ass like :lol:

·
Registered
369 Posts
mr.orange said:
i always drop a couple of sheets down the bog to ''soften the landing'' as i dont like bog water full of bleach and stuff splashing me on my ass like :lol:
Why are you putting donkeys in your toilet? :confused:

Vin

W

·
0 Posts
Kurzon.....what are you like?

Frued says you should have moved on from your anal stage by now. Are you suffering from arrested development?

Why are we so obsessed with bugs these days...no wonder everyone is ill, bit of muck never hurt anyone :p

wrinx

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
WARNING SERIOUS: while we are on the subject a conversation with a girl who worked at leicester station said that the homeless heroin addicts who congregate there on a night always stab the toilet rolls with their needles after shooting up, sick, most definately but this is fact, I am quite sure this is not the onl;y place this happens. You have been warned :(

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
gtachris said:
WARNING SERIOUS: while we are on the subject a conversation with a girl who worked at leicester station said that the homeless heroin addicts who congregate there on a night always stab the toilet rolls with their needles after shooting up, sick, most definately but this is fact, I am quite sure this is not the onl;y place this happens. You have been warned :(
so thats what made me "relax" :lol:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I must admit I'm disturbed by some of the smells, when using the toilets at work. Someone's crap smells like old cigars, & someone else smells just like baby vomit. I don't even wnat to think about what they must have eaten :eek:

But the worst is the ****-whisperer. You'll be sat quietly when some one enters one of the other stalls. You hear they're trousers go down. Then the whispering starts. ssss wss ppsss pss wwss

Don't know what he's saying, just wish he wouldn't, it's a little offputting to think there's a psycho with his trousers round his ankles just a few feet away. :eek:

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Kurt, some things are better left unsaid... :eek:

:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
wrinx said:
Why are we so obsessed with bugs these days...no wonder everyone is ill, bit of muck never hurt anyone :p

wrinx
Whaddayamean! A bit of dirt is one thing, but someone elses night soil? No thanks!

I firmly believe in avoiding touching any door handles with my skin in public toilets - 50% of people never wash their hands and if you think about it (and I`d rather not) if its a man visiting the urinal, touching the door handle on the way out is like touching that mans knob :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: If I wanted to do that sort of thing I`d ask nicely and not someone who didn`t wash! Nuff said.

BTW, yeah, a sheet to stop splashback helps, but thats just an excuse when the real reason is that I don`t want to annouce each touch-down with a loud splash of watery applause to other people in earshot.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts