Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

My 55 plate 1.9JTD (140) has died. :(

Whilst I am still going through the grieving process, I have bought a 53 plate 1.9JTD (115).

It is gutless and has only 5 gears. Put this down to lack of Alfa experience on my part.

Question 1. Can the 6 speed box from the 55 go into the 53?

Question 2. Is it worth chipping the 53 to get some more oomph out of it w/o causing damage?

While we're here, 5 years of 156 life gently enhanced by the skill and good favour of **** in Canterbury (Mobitech).

Cheers.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your questions, but I was wondering exactly how did it 'die'? And why is it unrecoverable?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I can't answer your questions, but I was wondering exactly how did it 'die'? And why is it unrecoverable?
Hi
Clutch has gone. Couldn't justify the spend - needs front lower wishbones, rear suspension sagging and about 165K on the clock. I shan't mention the bodywork!
I will be selling her for parts !

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ah ok, R.I.P, I suppose its a calculated decision everyone has to make at some stage in their ownership.

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
156 55 plate 1.9 JTD 16v should be 150bhp, not 140.

Big comedown to the 115bhp version, which is an 8v engine with the 5 speed box, and isn't something I would recommend to anyone.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Big comedown to the 115bhp version, which is an 8v engine with the 5 speed box, and isn't something I would recommend to anyone.
Yep, my own fault for not doing enough research.
But the bodywork is really good and a genuine 98K.
AND it's not forever !:paranoid:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

AlfaJoe92
Yes, sad to see her go but couldn't warrant the money. Will be selling her as a spare part !

I covered about 85K miles in 5 years faultlessly, I can't complain. She did me proud :(

Why do we become attached to these things !:depressed:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts