Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any chance it could be put back where it used to be please :confused:

It has been noticeable of late that there are very few Happy Birthday threads :( :(
I thought that it was strange and have been informed that the list of today's
birthdays has been moved. It looks as if that move has had a negative effect :(

I for one almost never go to the home page other than by accident. As a result I
had not found where the list moved to without it being pointed out to me. Whilst
I realise that not everyone navigates the forum the same way as I do, it looks as
if most people have missed this move :(

One thing that has set this place apart from others is the community spirit and the
threads wishing people a Happy Birthday have been a significant part of that spirit.
This type of attention to small detail is often the thing that has encouraged people
to stay with us :)

If the list could be restored to it's original place it would be much appreciated :thumbs:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
So in short, it wasn't broken, so can we unfix it ;)

[... as in put the panel back on this page! :D]

·
Administrator
86,635 Posts

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Sorry all, it cannot go back for a technical reason to do with an AJAX menu conflict, also as it is only one click to visit the home page, this is quick and easy to get there. The home page has been updated and gives you a snap shot of the site so I do not know why you don't use it? Try it, you might like it?

Also, everyone complained about the birthday threads a few months ago and they were pulled, it is impossible to please everyone and we stopped trying years ago ;)

Thank you for bringing this up, I am just letting you know the reason why it was moved.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I had an E-Mail from the Alfa Romeo Forum on Wednesday, wishing me a Happy Birthday. Seems like thats what happens now, I was quite pleased with that actually. Nice touch, I thought........:thumbs::)

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Sorry all, it cannot go back for a technical reason to do with an AJAX menu conflict
Ian can you explain further maybe it can be made to work with knowledge from someone who knows more about the way the data is propogated? Looking at the source the mechanism for displaying this data is very simple, more simple in fact than displaying logged in users as you aren't having to track session traffic and the Whats going on box is segregated from menu code anyway.

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Also, everyone complained about the birthday threads a few months ago and they were pulled, it is impossible to please everyone and we stopped trying years ago ;)
Which was the right move, IMHO, because the majority were not known to WOT and it cluttered up the lounge on a daily basis. That and it was a bit impersonal when a known members Birthday was up. So maybe more of us should visit the home page as you said, although Kurzon finds it hard to change his browsing habbits :eek:

As for pleasing everyone, just please the BORED, that's half the battle! :evil: :bored:
;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts