Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....at work.

It felt, and indeed 'was' properly busy :cool:

All of us were non stop from 8.30 until 6 ( Saturday closing time) and I was still there at 6.30 sorting paperwork that I can't do on Monday as I'm up at 4 to drive to Coventry for a new car ride and drive day.

Six cars sold between four of us, three of them by myself.:thumbs:

Good days like today are few and far between in car sales at the moment...long may they continue :D

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice one MMM. I'm pleased that things are picking up.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice one MMM. I'm pleased that things are picking up.
I'd like to think it's a 'revival'.....but I'm too long in the tooth to be overly hopeful. However, I will take the good times when they present themselves :thumbs:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hoping for a brief downturn in March/April as I need to buy two cars but only sell one but otherwise, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hoping for a brief downturn in March/April as I need to buy two cars but only sell one but otherwise, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Fair enough mate :lol: :thumbs:

If you wanted any advice regards trade values etc, let me know .

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
top bombing sparky mate :thumbs:

keithy - i'd have thought a good run of new car sales would push used prices down a bit?
At my end of the market the price of scrap is a more significant factor to be honest.;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
top bombing sparky mate :thumbs:

keithy - i'd have thought a good run of new car sales would push used prices down a bit?
Ta :thumbs:

Excellent news, Sparky!

Well done Sparks ... :D

At my end of the market the price of scrap is a more significant factor to be honest.;)
Mrs (ex) Marmite got £150 scrap for her ZX.....head gasket went apparently. I'd have gone ahead and got it fixed as the rest of the car was sound and she is now lumbered with problems with something else she bought without asking my advice :rolleyes:......now her ZX is on the road again...she didn't ask my advice about the paperwork either :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
women, bless em :lol:

last time mrs al put her foot down on car choice, she ended up with a peugeot 307. what a dogs dinner that car was. 14 months later she traded it in for a focus which was the car i recommended all along. still got it now and it's been a brilliant car

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
women, bless em :lol:

last time mrs al put her foot down on car choice, she ended up with a peugeot 307. what a dogs dinner that car was. 14 months later she traded it in for a focus which was the car i recommended all along. still got it now and it's been a brilliant car
Being somewhere between a MK 2 Xsara and a C4, the 307 wasn't Peugeot's finest hour. :lol:

Can't go wrong with a Focus though, especially a nice cheap MK 1....as long as it isn't the 1.4 CL :wow:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My wife won't entertain the idea of a Focus. Getting her out of a Volvo is proving to be hard work.

·
Registered
44,881 Posts
Being somewhere between a MK 2 Xsara and a C4, the 307 wasn't Peugeot's finest hour. :lol:

Can't go wrong with a Focus though, especially a nice cheap MK 1....as long as it isn't the 1.4 CL :wow:
I know of a 1.6 Focus Mk1 that might be for sale in a few months.... not that you would want it though, 150,000 miles, and the A/C needs repairing :eek: not to mention the off side rear wheel bearing :eek:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know of a 1.6 Focus Mk1 that might be for sale in a few months.... not that you would want it though, 150,000 miles, and the A/C needs repairing :eek: not to mention the off side rear wheel bearing :eek:
I reckon it'd make Maud look like a true bargain :lol:

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
.... Monday I'm up at 4 to drive to Coventry for a new car ride and drive day.

Six cars sold between four of us, three of them by myself.:thumbs:
Coventry isn't that far from me if you have time to call by for a coffee and chat.......:thumbs:

Top work that man......Sparky 3.....the other 3 one each........:cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
makes Maud look like the steal of the century ! :lol:
:lol:

......I do love old Maud...without a shadow she's the most reliable and dependable car I've owned in 16 years :inlove:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Coventry isn't that far from me if you have time to call by for a coffee and chat.......:thumbs:

Top work that man......Sparky 3.....the other 3 one each........:cool:
Stu mate :D

If I was driving alone I'd more than gladly detour for a coffee and natter :cool:

.....as it is I'm driving with a colleague.:(

However, the Classic isn't 'too' far away.....hopefully you'll be about for a chin wag :thumbs:

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Will definately be at the Classic, marshaling Friday and Saturday and going as a spectator on the Sunday......was at Silverstone all day today doing fire and rescue training. Only 5 weeks to the season opener....:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts