Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we drive on the left in this country, heres a hint when everyone else is going the opposite way to you on a motorway and flashing their lights at you, YOU ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,411 Posts
He'll be here soon enough, having lost his way and logged onto the wrong Forum ........... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
754 Posts
It would almost be funny... had someone not been hurt anyway.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
ouch. I was once heading towards Poole on the puddletown bypass (Badgers Nadgers will know the one), As I was coming to the end of the dual carriage way a lorry, a bloody big lorry, with trailor, entered the wrong side and was coming towards me in the fast lane.

He soon realised and luckily everyone had room in the slow lane. I watched in my rear mirror as he reversed back up the dual carriageway,

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
yep thats the one, white skoda fabia, he passed me as i was going down the hill having just come under the M5, i was heading onto the M48 as i called the police, the car who had just passed me had to take very hurried avoiding action, the skoda passed me in the fast lane as i was in the slow lane, i gave him a flash of lights but he didnt respond, all he had to do was pull over and turn round:rolleyes:

on the way back into northampton i got stuck in the traffic just above jnc 16 for 3 hours, a biker had gone under a 7.5 tonner, fatal unfortunately, thats why it took so long to let us through, when someone dies i really dont mind waiting for a few hours, somebody somewhere lost a love one.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I really hope the poor motorcyclist recovers... :(

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I have a feeling I know that motorcyclist :(

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Trying to find out more, but still cant get hold of the guy I know. Received a text to say he had an accident on the same day so will just keep trying

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hope the biker isn't seriously hurt.

How on earth is it literally possible to end up going the wrong way down a motorway by mistake?????

G

·
Hope the biker isn't seriously hurt.

How on earth is it literally possible to end up going the wrong way down a motorway by mistake?????

Actually very easy if you aren't a proficient driver. (Or drunk.)

I know of someone who did it here on a dual carriageway
a few years ago and killed their passenger and a well respected
local figure who was going the right way in their car. Stupid. :( :( :(

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Forgot to come back to this one, luckily it wasnt the guy i thought it was. He had accident in avonmouth. Havent read anything about this biker since though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts