Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Should I use the bootlid with the spoiler, or the one without?

• Keep the bootlid with the big wing!

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Use the bootlid without the big wing!

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Now, at the moment my spoiler has a few scratches on and could do with a respray, and the current boot lid needs a hole filling where the old spoiler was bang in the middle of the bootlid.

When I got the 156 from Symonh2000 he kindly threw in a silver boot lid with no spoiler though. It's the same colour as my current bootlid and could just pop straight on in place of the other bootlid.

If I did this though, I'd have no BFOW.

And herein lies the poll... :lol:

Do I get the hole filled and have the spoiler repainted, or do I ditch the current bootlid and spoiler and replace it with the bootlid that has no spoiler?

Let the votes decide!!!

Cheers,
Darren

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Work out how much downforce on the rear wheels you require trading against the drag the wing/spoiler will create and calculate a suitable wing...:rolleyes:
;)

Chris

·
Premium Member
45,006 Posts
Keep the wing, although I reckon us wing-fans are in the minority. But then the average age on this forum is 35 so that might explain it :p

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Yes older and wiser...to the follies of youth....:D

The only thing Darren hasn't asked is what colour go faster stripe...:p

Chris

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Keep it and the other boot and swap them around, see if there is a performance difference?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm, so far so good, looks as though it's wing city here we come, :lol:

I'm not sure how much it will cost to have the little hole filled in and re-painted thats currently on the bootlid. Nor do I know how much it will cost to re-paint the spoiler, but there's only a few scratches anyway and these have all been touched up so I might just leave it as is.

But that hole definitely needs filling.

"That's what she said."

·
Premium Member
45,006 Posts
Darren, just fill the hole yourself with some body filler, and go over it with a bit of sandpaper, some touch up paint and then give it a t-cut and some polish to blend it, it'll be right. If its under the spoiler you'll never see it :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Darren, just fill the hole yourself with some body filler, and go over it with a bit of sandpaper, some touch up paint and then give it a t-cut and some polish to blend it, it'll be right. If its under the spoiler you'll never see it :)
Ah the thing is Dan that I have the BFOW, meaning you would be able to see it sadly, :(

I mean, for someone who knows what they're doing it shouldn't be too difficult, it's likely that one of these CHIPS AWAY or DENT MAGIC people could do it, because as you say, all it does require is a bit of filler, a sand down, and then a touch of spray. Job done.

But as a complete moron when it comes to the arts of near enough anything mechanical I better not attempt it myself.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Take the wing out ;)
Hmm I dunno, it would be a fair bit of work getting the other boot lid back on there, I'd have to re-connect all the wiring, install the rear light sections back in, remove the barrell for the boot lock and stick it back in etc.

Dunno if I can be arsed, :lol:

Think I'll go as planned and have the hole filled in and touched up etc.

Unless this poll takes a turn for the worse of course, :eek:

·
Registered
16,125 Posts

·
Registered
24,513 Posts
Without. I prefer subtle.

But, if I'm completely honest I don't mind the look of the BFOW on the 156 and I really fancied it when they first came out. It's just a bit too "look at me, I'm reeeeaallly fast" for my taste.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Keep the wing. I wouldn't set out to buy one but if I found a car that was perfect with one on it I certainly would not remove it.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
No point changing it, you'll be selling it soon anyway :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Keep the wing, although I reckon us wing-fans are in the minority. But then the average age on this forum is 35 so that might explain it :p
Im 40 something and voted keep it :tut: ............:p :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts