Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same question as i asked a while ago, however an inviting offer has been put to me which is making me think about selling once again :-(

Realitically what is my car worth?

Its a 156 2.0TS SW. It was registerd in june 2001. It has approx 93,000 and full service history. However I will not lie, as people can the post on here. I 've had a few issues last year and ended up spending approx £1500 at alfa worshop. Last trip there had to be on a flat bed and involved an engine rebuild.
The car has had a post 1000 mile chaeck up and is due back for another check in about 2500 miles.
On top of work carried out at AW i also replced discs and pads all round, have anti roll ball and droplinks to fit just waiting for some nicer weather.
I don't plan to do anything till end of march as i want to MOT the car and fit the parts i have.

Touch wood and hope not to jinx it, the car has been fine since the rebuild.
Attached is a pic i took when i first got the car 2 years ago and the only visual difference to how it looks now is clear side repeaters.

I know its difficult to guesstimate the value but the prices on autotrader seem to vary to much with now real reason so i thought id ask here

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
i got my 02 plate sportswagon 1.8 twin last year 67000miles fsh no real issues 12 months mot and 3 months tax for £900,no warranty as i bought private,i guess it depends how quick you need to sel

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply - i'd say that a prety good price for your alfa

I have only been able to find one that matches mine in spec and age but has 65,000 on the clock and is up for £1595

Not in too much of a hurry

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
So by the time you have put the suspension on you will have spent around 2k after diong the engine and brakes. you have to ask yourself, will i get 2k and If you do, can you buy something better with the 2k you have, probably not. You have a fresh engine, I would keep her,

·
Registered
64 Posts
So by the time you have put the suspension on you will have spent around 2k after diong the engine and brakes. you have to ask yourself, will i get 2k and If you do, can you buy something better with the 2k you have, probably not. You have a fresh engine, I would keep her,
:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: KEEP :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A very valid point - i knew i wouldn't recover any of the money spent. But she is still worth something now if i keep she will be worth nothing and if other things fail which enevitably they will (age of car etc), she will not be worth repairing and i would hate to have to scrap her (worst case)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts