Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So do I sell my 156 to go and get a 159 or do I part ex?
I owned a GTV 3.0 V6 before and really miss the grunt from that engine. I've been toying with purchasing a GTA for far too long now and I reckon I've missed the boat on a well looked after one anyway? And besides, for their age and mileage I think 7 grand average price for a good'n is a bit steep especially when a 2007 159 3.2 can be bought for about that with only 40-60 k on the clock and better safety, comfort and more modern all over makes it a more sensible option (did I just say sensible when mentioning an Alfa!?)
Anyway, I'm just after your opinion on wether upgrading is worth it? GTA or 159, part ex or sell private? and your opinions on running costs etc. and anyone got any advice on finance options?? P.s my 156 at the moment is due a service, has 85,000 on the clock is black with charcoal leather interior, Bose sound system etc. and generally pretty tidy for year.
Any opinions will help my decision making so over to you guys ;)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
GTA vs 159 3.2 - chalk and cheese really.

What's your driving style? How many miles do you do? Etc.

GTA is a true enthusiasts car, and will be far more fun to throw down a B or A road. After four hours on the motorway, you'll feel fresher stepping out of the 159.

No doubt stronger opinions than mine will be along shortly.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I am also looking for a GTA, not going down the route of a 159, until the day I need to. Maintaining my SW well until a GTA crops up. Out problem is that we have the SW and GTA's seem so rare.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah two young daughters and about 4-5 trips to Cornwall and back each year have made me consider the 159 over the GTA recently. Don't get me wrong I am an enthusiast and think about GTA's daily, and I do like a bit of pedal to the metal action on A and B roads, but until I can afford a GTA as a second car (i.e purely for my use) I don't fancy the kids in the back kicking the seats and the missus in me earole everytime I floor it? Maybe the 159'll be a touch more conservative and less likely to get me in trouble eh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts