Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been deliberating this for quite and even as I type this I'm changing my mind again.

My head and heart say keep her, she was looked at by Autolusso on the Saturday morning surgery before Christmas and it was remarked on how well she had been looked after.
Shes very low mileage (39,000) and took me months to find, I was after a cup but the condition and history and mileage of this car was such that I couldn't walk away.

I was always into modding cars, but with the Alfa, apart from a different steering wheel and gearknob theres nothing else that needed changing (IMO) although I did just buy speaker adapters and el dials for her (Not arrived yet)
The problem has been a back injury Ive had for 2 years, and after being away for a month on an intensive rehab course, they came out and measured my seating and reccomended getting something else (4 x4)
I still could not bring myself to sell up, as everytime I drive her I want to keep her, the looks and the sound of that v6 (especially since my custom cat back twin exit exhaust got fitted)just give me a smile everytime I drive her.
Plus the seating position I have is really comfy, its the getting in and out thats the problem.

So Do I keep her? I have spent loads on her since I bought her, poly bushes fitted, custom exhaust, steering wheel, wheel bearing, gearknob, stereo, so I feel I should keep her just to get my moneys worth out of her.
I need a reliable car, and with the low mileage she has, the motorway miles I am doing don't really matter.
Or get rid ? as I putting my back at risk and not getting the true £3.0Lt V6 experience on the motorway where I do nearly all my driving.

I keep hearing the physios words "you only get one back" and then looking at the history of the car.

What to do?

D

·
0 Posts
you have to sell i'm afraid, as sad as it sounds to you. the physios are right you only have one back, if you aint careful you will end up a cripple! at least you can say you have had the v6 and some fun with it. my mate has a cherokee jeep with the 5.7 litre hemi engine, 2 yrs old and it only cost him 8K and the sound is absolute heaven.

·
Registered
535 Posts
its a bone crunching ride on the GTV. And they are not great on british bump riden motorways.

However you wont get much cash for it. So I say keep it. and buy a cushion!

·
Registered
285 Posts
if its the doors that cause the problem could you not look to do a fancy conversion?

Suicide doors or lambo lift up style??

Regards
Gareth

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive got 2 cushions already but as said comfort or doors are not the issue, getting in and out is the issue.

With the mileage, history, condition and extras on this car I'm sure she will sell for a fair price, I will keep her otherwise.

R

·
0 Posts
Dan, you don't seem to have any choice. It won't matter how comfortable you make it, you will still need to twist your back to get in and out - especially when you can't open the doors fully in car parks etc. Sell. :(

L

·
0 Posts
Its a tough decision GTVDAN. i have just been through a similar car decision, and i still miss it very much. Laugh all you like, it was a BMW Mini cooper, 03 reg, with upgraded suspension, cooper s alloys and remapped ecu. I'm really glad to say i've owned one and will never forget, but simply move on. I love my GTV, but in a different way to the Mini. Whatever you replace yours with, you will love it, just differently is all. how about an xk8?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts