Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Just a quick question - what is the difference between cars which are of Lusso spec and those that aren't?
Also are there any other specs that may be worth looking out for??

Thanks!

D

·
0 Posts
Lusso has leather steering wheel, dual zone climate control, cruise control, maybe a couple of other bits and pieces.

Lusso it, you know you want to!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
There's no definite answer, it depends on the model and year etc.
Some Lussos had leather interiors as standard. Maybe a different wheel style and size too. Sometimes a slightly softer suspension set up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The question is too vague to really help. The Lusso spec varies a lot depending on 147/156/GT and even year of production.

My 03 147 1.6 Lusso (as opposed to non-Lusso) has

Alloys rather than steel rims
CD instead of cassette
Trip computer as opposed to none
Cruise control as opposed to none
Climate control instead of air-con

More recent versions of 147 Lusso have leather as opposed to cloth interior.

I depends on whether you view these things as vital or simply as some else that would go wrong.

Many non-Lusso version will have had optional alloys and CD player put in so that the rest of the above can be considered irrelevant.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I forgot this was a 147 and 156 forum!

It will be a 147; early so probably around 2001, 2002.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
I just bought a 147 Lusso on an 02 Plate.

It has

Momo leather, Bose Sound System, (includes sub), CD player, Dual Zone Climate control, trip computer.

Nice package.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
On an early 147 the leather is optional on the Lusso, but it's still a better spec of car so find one if you can. If it's got the leather - even better!

A

·
0 Posts
On an early 147 the leather is optional on the Lusso, but it's still a better spec of car so find one if you can. If it's got the leather - even better!
Leather is still optional on Lusso's - only the limited editions have leather as standard.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Try to find yourself a nice Lusso, the higher spec doesn't seem to add much to asking prices, and it all adds to the ownership experience.

·
Registered
30 Posts
how can you tell if it really is a Lusso though?

Mine is an 05 147 JTD 16v (registered March '05) and supposedly a Lusso, but has not got cruise control and has keep fit windows in the back. It does have leather steering wheel but black cloth seats. It has the little Lusso badges behind the front wheels, and has 16' alloys but no front armrest. When it comes up on the insurance database, it says it is a 120 bhp non 16v version Turismo, but it has the 16v badge on the back and on the engine cover.

Can I give ARUK the chassis number and they tell me the trim and what options were added to the car?

D

·
0 Posts
I'd give Alfa a bell, is it a facelift model?

Mine's a pre-facelift from 2004 and has the front armrest, 16" alloys, cruise, dual zone climate control, leather steering wheel with stereo controls, CD player and it definitely has the 16v engine because I've seen inside the head. The options are the red leather and metallic black paint on mine, thought the rest of the twiddly bits were standard on the Lusso. And it has the 140bhp version JTD (until a remap!)

It came with the 16v m-jet badge on the boot and Lusso badges down by the doors. Took them off to clean the car up.

A

·
0 Posts
how can you tell if it really is a Lusso though?

Mine is an 05 147 JTD 16v (registered March '05) and supposedly a Lusso, but has not got cruise control and has keep fit windows in the back. It does have leather steering wheel but black cloth seats. It has the little Lusso badges behind the front wheels, and has 16' alloys but no front armrest. When it comes up on the insurance database, it says it is a 120 bhp non 16v version Turismo, but it has the 16v badge on the back and on the engine cover.

Can I give ARUK the chassis number and they tell me the trim and what options were added to the car?
If you would like to PM me your chassis number, I can enter it into ePer (the parts cat for Alfa) and it will show me what your car really is!

·
Registered
116 Posts
My 2002 147 is described as a Sportivo on the original owners purchase invoice but I rarely see this mentioned anywhere. When I was getting insured they never heard of the Sportivo before!

She has:
120 BHP
17" Alfa Teledials
Climate Control
CD Player
Leather(I think!)Steering Wheel
.....no other "extra's".

Take it, it's not a Lusso then ?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I was going to ask this question but the search pulled through yet again. :)

Apart from the thread bump...

Regarding the interior of the 147, is it worth the wait to find a car with leather interior? There's a 53 1.6 Lusso near me but it's non-leather, not sure what to think. It's nicely specced but would the interior be a turn off?

D

·
0 Posts
Depends how much you want leather.

If you can live without, buy that 1.6 Lusso. If you really want leather, hold out for the right one, there's plenty about.

It's your choice

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Most people looking for any sort of prestige car nowadays want a leather interior. It will make it easier to resell, maybe even worth a shade more.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Resale value is never something I would think of, I usually wouldn't even mind about interior. After being in this Mitsubishi for near 2 years though, if I see hideous cloth interior with tacky plastic grey again I may cry.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts