Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit a deer 5 mins from home the other night. Killed the deer & in the dark could see the broken grilles but not until the cold light of day could i see the 4 inch split in bumper! Bumper can be repaired by my brother in law luckily in the trade. Lower grille already on its way to me £26.50 but the main grille, the face of the car. What to do? Mine is 2011 but I've read the face lifted grille fits. Can get either for same price, question is should i go original or the face lifted grille.

·
Registered
36,737 Posts
There's always a possibility it'll make your car look like it's been more extensively repaired and there's just been another grille released at Geneva! But then if you like it then why not go for the new one.

·
Registered
38,674 Posts
I think it is up to you...

Personally I find that the grilles are so similar that it is hard to tell them apart unless you look closely.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I think if pushed, I'd say the original but you are going to be looking at it the most.

And I'm an old fart.

Shame about the deer.

:depressed:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think if pushed, I'd say the original but you are going to be looking at it the most.

And I'm an old fart.

Shame about the deer.

:depressed:
Thought it got away. Only two days later did i spot it in the ditch. It is a shame but did everything i could but 60-0 doesn't happen that quick even in F1. At least now i think it died pretty quick. Morbid subject. Still undecided on the grille

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Surprised nobody took the deer home as a bit of roadkill and grilled it with an oven this time.

·
Registered
38,674 Posts
That looks pretty good, but I think you would be better off doing the mirror covers and chrome strips around the windows black as well.

·
Registered
36,737 Posts
There's black and there's black. "Black" wheels are generally anthracite. There's a darker version of the current grille for sprint speciale, I believe.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i bought a tin of plastidip with the view to do the mirrors and white bit on the cloverleaf badge. The chrome trims around the windows looked a pain to do so decided not to do them, if i did one it would look a bit weird or just leaving one out.

·
Registered
38,674 Posts
I am tempted to do my wheels in dark grey, refit my body coloured mirror covers (after painting them Grey also) de-chrome the windows and lights...

But that is if I keep it. I cannot make my mind up what to do. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts