Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im contemplating the removal of some / all boot lid badges.

Currently have the full set;

GTV....................................3.0 V6 24v
........................................................Q2

Anyone got pics of a clean behind I can peruse please?

Cheers
MC

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd be careful asking for pictures of 'clean behinds':p

I've attached a picture of mine anyhow.....hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Better than a crap bodykit...

Been thinking to do the same...

Maybe with just "GTV" stuck on the lamp strip just below the centre badge.

Less is more?

Im contemplating the removal of some / all boot lid badges.

Currently have the full set;

GTV....................................3.0 V6 24v
........................................................Q2

Anyone got pics of a clean behind I can peruse please?

Cheers
MC

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
I'm going for the standard factory look with my v6 - under previous ownership it has had a q2 and also the q2 badge applied same position as yours, which makes it look a bit cluttered IMO. I might just remove the q2 badge but keep the remainder as they are.

What is the best way of badge removal without damaging paint?

·
Registered
175 Posts
wot 'e sed...

I'm going for the standard factory look with my v6 - under previous ownership it has had a q2 and also the q2 badge applied same position as yours, which makes it look a bit cluttered IMO. I might just remove the q2 badge but keep the remainder as they are.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts

You can use dental floss then wipe the glue away with degreaser or WD40

I've just got GTV on mine cos I kept breaking the badges when I was cleaning lol

Like the look though

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input all, I think Im going to start by removing the Q2 as I agree is looks a little cluttered.

Ironically the original owner requested 'variant delete' so originally it only had the GTV badge on the left.

Think ill remove them gradually until it looks right, I think nothing at all looks a little bare, I do like hte colour coded light bars though :cool:

Cheers
MC

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think they look just perfect with the 'GTV' badge and nothing else. No badges at all and it looks too naked; too many badges and it looks too cluttered imo.

Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks for the input all, I think Im going to start by removing the Q2 as I agree is looks a little cluttered.

Ironically the original owner requested 'variant delete' so originally it only had the GTV badge on the left.

Think ill remove them gradually until it looks right, I think nothing at all looks a little bare, I do like hte colour coded light bars though :cool:

Cheers
MC
my badges are off cos i recently had the boot/spoiler resprayed and have all the new badges to put back on if i wish.i may leave it as it is or put the gtv badge back on the left and maybe just the v6 as well ....but the purists wont like this:lol:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts