Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on day 6 now, sans-shave

in short, i look a scruffy [email protected] and it itches. but mrs al likes it, and wants me to go through the pain barrier and try to grow a proper beard. trouble is, i don't reckon i'm man enough to grow (never mind get away with) a proper man beard.

thoughts? shall i carry on, or get busy with the bic?

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
on day 6 now, sans-shave

in short, i look a scruffy [email protected] and it itches. but mrs al likes it, and wants me to go through the pain barrier and try to grow a proper beard. trouble is, i don't reckon i'm man enough to grow (never mind get away with) a proper man beard.

thoughts? shall i carry on, or get busy with the bic?
Al; if you took the look to Italy, would the disciples of style approve, or suggest a clean cut look?

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the disciples of style at fiumicino would deport me there and then i'm afraid, g, but - if i'm being honest - the same could be said if i turned up at passport control freshly shorn in my sunday best. i'm a jeans & t-shirt, scruffy-haired oik :thumbs:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
the disciples of style at fiumicino would deport me there and then i'm afraid, g, but - if i'm being honest - the same could be said if i turned up at passport control freshly shorn in my sunday best. i'm a jeans & t-shirt, scruffy-haired oik :thumbs:
dude, in that case, go for it.

these days, blokes are increasingly castigated for doing 'blokey' things, and are de-masculated (is there such a word? you know what i mean); if we can and we want to grow hair on our face, then go go go bud! :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Al, as you'll know, I'm a weird beard guy - basically because I'm idle, and just can't be bothered with the hassle of scraping my face every day - a trim every month or so, with the odd intervening trim does me fine.....and milady likes it anyway.....

I've only shave it off once in maybe 30 years - and I gave myself such a shok when I looked in the mirror first thing in the morning that I soon gave up on the idea...although the daily scraping helped, too.....

I like to think of myself as a naturalist.......if we'd been designed to be clean of face, we wouldn't grow hair........or on the other hand, as I'm definitely balding, maybe its just nature's cruel joke and my head is on upside down:lol:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
TTIUWOP

:thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
Let it grow Al. I've had a goatee for years now, and grew a full beard several years ago. I then trimmed back to a goatee but regrew my beard when I was off work over Christmas. I keep it short....grade 3 on my trimmer. It's a faff to shave around because I use an electric shaver, and oddly, I think the look suits me better when in casuals, or a top button open set up. I still think it looks a little odd when I'm in my daily shirt and tie get up.....but I'm probably still getting used to it over a goatee. I'll keep mine for a while because once it's gone, I need a good few days to regrow, and I can't go into work with the 'half way there' look as it just looks scruffy. It's all or nothing :lol:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
:lol:

Did you ever meet Reverend Ian Paisley?

B

·
0 Posts
cack pick off the webcam. it's going today anyway - i looked in the mirror this morning and the first thought that sprung to mind was 'shane mcgowan'
Wow - I've heard people look like their dogs but I didn't know they could look like their Avatar!!
:cheese: Only joking Al - had a few feeble attempts at the beard myself - one you shave it you will wonder why you bothered.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts