Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any of these for a Mito QV tct for sale?Was thinking of a remap, but nobody close enough to get it done properly. I understand the torque limiters on the tct needs removing.
Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you think of the gearbox flash as a stand alone product. Would it be worth doing this without a tuning box or remap?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Before you do anything with your gearbox or engine CU, do a little searching with, say, google. I have not been able to find any reliable or credible data that would suggest TMC products have any significant effect on vehicle performance.

Edit: there is a plethora of seat-of-the-pants -statements. They do not qualify as credible data.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Before you do anything with your gearbox or engine CU, do a little searching with, say, google. I have not been able to find any reliable or credible data that would suggest TMC products have any significant effect on vehicle performance.

Edit: there is a plethora of seat-of-the-pants -statements. They do not qualify as credible data.

Perhaps the fact that I have had a remap and TMC tuning box on a Mito might go some way to be credible data.

Both were used in a manual QV and TCT.

Also the fiat 500 Arbarth community have very good reviews on the TMC box

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am I right in saying the tuning box is 399+vat and gearbox flash is the same. That's £960??

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's the only tuning box which I've only seen positive reviews though. Only trouble is that I can get a bespoke remap at Autolusso for £400.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
It's the only tuning box which I've only seen positive reviews though. Only trouble is that I can get a bespoke remap at Autolusso for £400.

I'd say go with the remap if you can, however depends if you need it to be put back to stock for warranty/service.
Does the Autolusso map include TCT gearbox flashing?

·
Registered
278 Posts

Perhaps the fact that I have had a remap and TMC tuning box on a Mito might go some way to be credible data.

Both were used in a manual QV and TCT.

Also the fiat 500 Arbarth community have very good reviews on the TMC box

Sorry, my bad, I was supposed to write TMC autoflash products. I have no doubts about engine tuning boxes of any brand, the technology behind them is quite basic, but this gearbox tuning stuff, I'd love to see dyno comparison, videos, anything...

Respectfully, perhaps you might make us a video of you doing a couple of 0-100 accelerations?

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you decide to get the AutoFlash, pleasepleaseplease test it without any other mod (tuning box etc), and report here.
A video, dyno curves or something. You'd be the first one...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm thinking of doing the autoflash first, so will report back. After that, I'll have the cat modified to aid lower temp for turbo through wizard exhaust. It's only an £80 mod, but the cat is very restrictive due to Euro 6 compliance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think you are missing the point about the gearbox flash. It's not about dyno measurements - it's about the responsiveness of the gearbox and it being in the right gear at the right time! Not being, being a criticism of the standard setup. Therefore, really the effectiveness of the flash can only really be measured by the 'seat of your pants feel'.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got a good price on the autoflash, just looking for a 2nd hand tmc tuning box.

·
Registered
278 Posts
TMC states that the AutoFlash modifies the torque limiter in gearbox control unit. If so, this will show up on a dyno run.

Any gearbox program modifications, if effective, will show as an improvement (or decline) in acceleration times.

Seat-of-the-pants feeling is never ever a valid indicator of performance. We all know, for example, how cars seem to run smoother after a proper wash and polish. And we all know they actually don't.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Think you are right. I've emailed the seller to see when he bought it. I don't know if the boxes have been updated in the past few years? Euro 6 comparable without loom changes?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Think you are right. I've emailed the seller to see when he bought it. I don't know if the boxes have been updated in the past few years? Euro 6 comparable without loom changes?

I don't believe so as most Euro 6 updates are just restrictions to the current engine and exhaust system.

Might be worth emailing TMC to confirm

1 - 20 of 40 Posts