Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8 of us went out for dinner last night following a quarterly meeting. As me and the director for Asia Pacific live locally we were nominated drivers so those staying at the hotel in Prestbury could have a drink.

We all met up there so the guests could change before dinner.

As we set off from the hotel car park the CEO was walking towards Andrew's A4 3.0 Avant when I blipped the Ti alarm off.

He stopped dead in his tracks and said "Hello! What's this? Is this your new car? Sorry Andrew, I'm going in Jim's" :thumbs: :cool: As did Joe who is our VP USA. He hadn't seen a new Alfa since he was a kid - the 105 Duetto Spider in New Jersey.

Both were full of compliments about what a gorgeous car it was with the CEO even saying it felt a lot more expensive than he thought it was - while stroking the embroidered badge on the seat back- when I'd got authorisation to buy one with my allowance (that's a rule coz Alfa isn't on the approved list - even with your "own" allowance money)

The others commented on how well it looked in the lights of the ancient pub/restaurant we went to.

Needless to say, I felt very satisfied!
:D

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
Lovely :D :D :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
That's why we put up with the niggles - you'd NEVER get a reaction like that driver a 3 series or A4 as your colleague found out :)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Nice story Jim :thumbs::cool:

Ive had some nice comments from people too, esp a lovely young lady filling up at the BP garage this morning... ;):thumbs:

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Cool:thumbs: Mine has always gotten the the right sort of admiration too:cool:

A

·
0 Posts
so does mine...
so why is it people are still buying audi and bmw? they are such awful looking cars.

·
Administrator
46,141 Posts
Nice story Jim. Where did you go, out of interest? Sometimes have work do's in that area myself.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I Don't think you get a better looking saloon saloon than the 159TI this side of a Maserati myself. Only had mine a fortnight and already had several nice comments.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I Don't think you get a better looking saloon saloon than the 159TI this side of a Maserati myself. Only had mine a fortnight and already had several nice comments.
Yep Alfa have the best looking Estate car & best looking Saloon - not bad hey.

Probably take the honours on the roadster front with the Spider and while we are at it let's have the coupe accolade with the GT/Brera

Full house then :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts