Alfa Romeo Forum banner

161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
My favourite trick is the ability to program the offside mirror so that it angles downward when you engage reverse. Have to have the electric seats with memory and maybe only works with the Qtronic box (I don't know). Engage reverse and set the offside mirror at the angle that you want it so that, for example, you can see the kerb when parking. Then press the relevant memory button until it beeps. To get the mirror to angle, you must select the mirror using the mirror adjustment switch before engaging reverse. Works well but, typically Alfa, the mirror sometimes does not return to its normal position when Park is engaged and the mirror adjustment switch moved from the position of selecting that mirror. Easily rectified by pressing the memory button again - but not with the car in reverse!

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
:thumbs:
My favourite trick is the ability to program the offside mirror so that it angles downward when you engage reverse. Have to have the electric seats with memory and maybe only works with the Qtronic box (I don't know). Engage reverse and set the offside mirror at the angle that you want it so that, for example, you can see the kerb when parking. Then press the relevant memory button until it beeps. To get the mirror to angle, you must select the mirror using the mirror adjustment switch before engaging reverse. Works well but, typically Alfa, the mirror sometimes does not return to its normal position when Park is engaged and the mirror adjustment switch moved from the position of selecting that mirror. Easily rectified by pressing the memory button again - but not with the car in reverse!
Ain't nuttin simple with an Alfa electrics:cheese::cheese::cheese:

do you have a Phd in Alfa-ology, sounds like you may need one:cheese::cheese:

:thumbs:

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
the machines will take over soon, you can see they're already dumbing us down, softening us up for the final battle/walkover,

it's true Arnie said so!!:lol:

He'll be back!! but will he bedriving an Alfa??

sorry gone a bit off track there,time for bed soon!!

U

·
0 Posts
I will try to get some for my Brera
If you find someone to do it, don't forget to have the bonnet done. After 40,000 miles there wasn't a mark on my untreated front bumper - but the bonnet looked like it had been machine-gunned.

:(

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
are we back to Arnie??? has he been Terminating your Brera???:cheese:

·
Registered
23 Posts
on the same subject, I found out the centre consol has TWO storage bits to it, the small top bit, and a bigger compartment below for pop cans and the like - it's air conditioned too! Only taken 10 months and 20k plus to discover that one (well, actually a far more intelegent 12 year old found it....d'oh)
Glad to know I'm not the only stupid one. I found that by accident today after a year of ownership :eek:

Got to try this mirror auto-fold stuff now - I always thought it was stupid that they only fold manually ...

·
Registered
216 Posts
This is quite an old thread I know but I recently discovered a couple of new things on the 159 (mine’s a series 2 Ti) whilst bored sitting in traffic mostly…

If you use the windscreen wash, pulling the stalk towards you again twice in quick succession cancels the wipers (useful in these winters when the washer jets freeze and you get wiper-judder over a bone-dry, salt-covered screen)
If you press the main light switch in the roof console twice, quite rapidly, it only turns on the lights in the rear of the car not the front.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
resurecting again, as I like these threads, a couple of tips and tricks I have found useful from the site (or when I get some tape!), was glad when I realised you could remove the ashtray (on this thread), apologies if I've not credited you with them.

1. Wrap some electrical insulating tape around the retention bar in the sun visor to stop it flapping between down and up, gives you variable settings depending where the sun is.

2. If you are putting new side lights in and the bulb falls in the lens, take the indicator bulb out and use blu-tack on a stick to remove the bulb

3. All the standard equaliser settings on the standard 159 stereo are pants, 'Commanderfish' suggested the follow user settings which I found to make the system sound so much better:
Band (hertz): 64 160 400 1K 2.5K 5?K 10?K
Adjustment: 0 -1 +1 -1 -2 +2 +2 (or 0 -1 0 -1 -1 +1 +1)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Loved this thread. Played with my auto windows all day!! Still not old. Im glad its hot outside!! Another good tip to say on motorway speeding and fuel consumption (why would you want that) is to set the digital limiter to 120km.
Also I always display current consumption on long journeys to encourage a bit of eco driving now and again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Keeping button pressed on unlock on the keyfob opens windows on car.

Works in reverse too if your windows are open and you hold the lock button.

:D
Hi. Holding the open button on my key fob opens the windows, but holding the close button doesn’t close them again? Any thoughts as to why?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi. Holding the open button on my key fob opens the windows, but holding the close button doesn’t close them again? Any thoughts as to why?
This is normal and expected.
This was discussed many times before - it's a safety "feature" mandated by EU. Earlier cars did not had it, but they changed the logic few years into production.
I don't think it is possible to be changed by MES, so we just have to live with it..

161 - 180 of 180 Posts