Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to replace standard cd stereo with mobile phone Bluetooth/ ipod mp3/tuner receiver and steering interface. (also maybe a preamp booster as well ?)

Alpine CDE-113BT CD / MP3 car stereo with Built-in Bluetooth & iPod Kit - CDE-113BT + KCE-433I from Alpine

Alfa Romeo 156, 147, GT Steering Wheel Stalk Control Interface Adaptor Lead

or something similar. advice welcome !!

TBH i would pay to get it fitted but im on the isle of man and there are no quick drive in auto centres ! so its order by post and will fit it myself. :p

Anybody any advice on pitfalls or even a handy PDF with photo instructions/wiring available anywhere ? thanks forum :thumbs:

Andy

·
Registered
593 Posts
As in Shiny-Car's guide (which is great) you'll need to get a switched power feed to the stereo (from the cigar lighter), the rest of it is as easy as 'ABC'.

Edit:
PS; You can get your Steering Wheel Control lead (including the patch lead) off ebay for £22.15 just type 'Alfa Alpine' in the search box.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BLAUPUNKT TORONTO 410 BT ..installed and working great .....thanks for help .... Doesnt fit right though ! (in other thread ) anyway :thumbs: thanks again folks .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Alfa GT Stereo with Bluetooth Phone & BOSE

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times before, but i'm new.

I have a 2008 Alfa Romeo GT Cloverleaf (170). :thumbup:

I am not keen on the original radio and would like to replace it with one that also has hands free phone ability.

I have read through a lot of previous posts about how to fit one, but to be honest this is not my area of expertise (much prefer getting covered in grease and oil than deal with fiddly electrics)

Firstly, are there any recommendations on good head units that will play CD's, Radio, connect to iphone and also be hands free? It would need to connect to the BOSE sound system that is fitted as standard and also to the steering wheel controls? Might as well go with recommendations that just pick something i think would do but turns out to not be a good match for the car

I am not fussed about losing the cup holder and installing a double din, if people think those are better, as i cant seem to use the cup holder anyway without changing radio stations with the cup hitting buttons.

Secondly, are there any systems that now fit better with less wiring to be sorted out or do you reccomend just getting it fitted professionally? I have done a fair amount to cars and will tackle anything, No problems with taking things apart, but when it comes to testing electrical outputs etc, i'm lost. Will have a go but i know my limitations.

Thirdly, are the facias/surrounds any good. I have the dark grey plastics but don't really want to start spraying to match. Where is best to get the correct type?

Lastly, I may one day put the original setup back in, is there any tricks to re-installing the support bar (if put in a double din)? I note my current radio is not within a cage and seems to slightly drop? Should it not be in a cage and if want to put back in the future, would using a cage not sort out the issue of the support bar?

Anyway, hopefully you will have some recommendations.

I am based Essex/Hertfordshire area if you know of any good ICE places to go to buy bits/fit etc.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts