Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my GTV has a split in the rubber door seal which has been worn out by feet clipping it and is just generally worn. I have a complete replacement p/n 60624859 for the entire seal, which end should I start installing it from and what if any sealant/adhesive should I use? Any tips gratefully received!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I seem to remember it's a straightforward job, the sill unclips and the seal pushes onto the door frame lip. Start in top corner at the 90 degree bit and push/bang it on, the sill clips only fit in certain places otherwise sill does not sit flat.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
The trickyish bit is inserting the new rubber into the security strip that runs along the roof and down the 'A' pillar.

Use washing-up liquid to lubricate the rubber and try not to stretch the seal as you go along otherwise you'll end up with too much seal when you get to the 'B' pillar corner or upper door hinge area depending on which way you're working.

When I've done it, I've always started at the 'B' pillar corner and worked towards the door hinges. Once that section is in, the rest of the door aperture is easy.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Where did u find the seals? I need some. Last time I checked they were a crazy price from dealers.

·
Registered
480 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts