Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do we have a tips, tricks, and handy hints section for people who have done repairs to their own cars and found a certain way to make things easier for themselves, or just used their noggin?

could we make one, and make it a sticky at the top of the page? it would possibly stop people asking certain questions repeatedly, could also have stickies for other topics like speakers etc.

anyway, changed my lambda today, and due to it going from the exhaust, up, forward a bit over the arb, then up to the back of the engine, it wasnt easy to get the cable fed up there.

so, i tied some string to the connector end of the OLD lambda, and then to the sensor end of the NEW one, plugged the NEW one in at the engine, and pulled the OLD cable down from below the car. new sensor followed, following the correct path, cut string and screw in new lambda. job done, ten minutes. :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Only clever idea I use regularly that I can think of is the plastic water bottle with its bottom chopped off I keep in the car for topping up the oil - the filler cap on the V6 is in a ridiculously awkward place :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres another. stuff paying for back-to-black sprays, if you want to refresh the "black" on your wing mirros and bumper trims, use wd-40. doesnt wash/rub off like back-to-black.

use only on hard plastics though, rubber doesnt like wd-40.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts