Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been discussed before.
As I have no usable wing mirrors on my car at the moment, I got a couple of Tipo mirrors from the scrappys as I was led to believe that they basically were the same.

Alas !!! The bases are different. The Alfa ones are kinda square at the front of the base while the fiat ones a rounded. They will probably go on my car but won't look right :(

Ah well. It's back to the Plastic Padding and M3 mirrors idea I'm afraid :( eek!

Marlon

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
eek! sorry to state the bleeding obvious but i could have told you they wouldnt fit. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anybody know of any other mirrors that might fit other than the proper ones

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jimybob:
eek! sorry to state the bleeding obvious but i could have told you they wouldnt fit. :)
Yeah, but other people on here had said they would fit and so I believed them.
Pity 'cos they actually look not bad and won't snap off if you touch them.
They do go on, even the manual adjuster comes in at the same place, the bases are just that little bit too small to cover all the 155 door mirror bit.

Marlon

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it not possible to replace the tipo base with the 155 version?

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Na, the actual mirrors are not interchangeable. The Alfa base has a sticky-out bit which the mirror kinda sits on. The Fiat mirrors attach in a different way (kinda like a hose !!!!).

Marlon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts