1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
165 Posts
true, an interesting example but i don't fancy the fallout from the wife by adding car no 7 to the fleet at this moment!!

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Looks very nice. Upholstery's not my cup of tea, but then I said that about mine before I bought it.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
true, an interesting example but i don't fancy the fallout from the wife by adding car no 7 to the fleet at this moment!!
You have 6 already??????????????????? Do you actually run all of them? I have 2 running ones (166 & my Skoda) & I have a Ford P100 pickup I'm rebuilding - it's bad enough having 3!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Black Alfa 164

I bid £885 when this car was last posted and did not meet the reserve with the highest bid at £900 - bit miffed to see its got a buy it now for £1k.
Also lost out on a bid for a Cloverleaf a few miles away having decided to run two old Alfa 164s on the basis you can't be that unlucky for both to run into big problems at the same time (or can you?)
Found myself a 1996 - 24v now needing a bit of work and then will sell the Grand Espace. 2003 with LPG dual fuel on a 3.5 V6 if anyones looking for one!
Very surprised at just how difficult it is to find even basic bits for the 164 in the short time since I last owned one (2004) - hopefully some working together and a proactive register will see these great cars survive against the trauma of ownership.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You have 6 already??????????????????? Do you actually run all of them? I have 2 running ones (166 & my Skoda) & I have a Ford P100 pickup I'm rebuilding - it's bad enough having 3!
the 6 cars reffered to are not all 164's (i couldn't cope!), but a selection of italian,german & japanese types as follows, 2 164's, a Subaru SVX, Toyota Previa, a VW Golf and a
MB S-class

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
the 6 cars reffered to are not all 164's (i couldn't cope!), but a selection of italian,german & japanese types as follows, 2 164's, a Subaru SVX, Toyota Previa, a VW Golf and a
MB S-class
Well I know I haven't got the best paid job in the world but you need money to run that lot!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice 164 on flea bay. They look so nice in black. I had one this colour. They look nice with grey velour. I stuck mine on its roof. Yup, a write-off.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I bid £885 when this car was last posted and did not meet the reserve with the highest bid at £900 - bit miffed to see its got a buy it now for £1k.
Also lost out on a bid for a Cloverleaf a few miles away having decided to run two old Alfa 164s on the basis you can't be that unlucky for both to run into big problems at the same time (or can you?)
Found myself a 1996 - 24v now needing a bit of work and then will sell the Grand Espace. 2003 with LPG dual fuel on a 3.5 V6 if anyones looking for one!
Very surprised at just how difficult it is to find even basic bits for the 164 in the short time since I last owned one (2004) - hopefully some working together and a proactive register will see these great cars survive against the trauma of ownership.
When I bought my TS I bought another for the princely sum of £28 Excellent source of parts

·
Registered
3,336 Posts

I could keep it on my drive, if you want! :lol:

It certainly is nice. :cool: My leather would look good in it! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts