Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

So after picking up my 2012 2.0 jtdm-2 tct g a few months ago I've decided I want to try do a few things aesthetically to it. I've already had the paintwork corrected -

Now I'm looking at tinting the lights to go for a "stealth" look. After a couple of attempts and many hours of anger I am yet to succeed.

Has anyone tinted their lights using tinting film and if so got any useful hints and tips for me to try next time around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35,773 Posts
You have a Lusso which has brighter headlamp bezels inside the lamp. I changed mine for a new set of the darker bezel lamps which is not cheap but does not impair the output.

·
Registered
38,300 Posts
The lights are not brilliant anyway in terms of light output, if you tint them they will be worse.

You could open the lights up and paint the chrome parts grey/black, or buy a pair from a Veloce which are dark already.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you got any links to the darker bezels? I am looking to "de-chrome" the car and the inner bits of the lights were on my list to change. :)
Plus I'm upgrading the lights to a hid kit set up so light output will be better.

·
Registered
38,300 Posts
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROME...lietta&hash=item280eb0d3bb:g:cjgAAOSwYaFWgtxs

You can usually get them cheaper than that secondhand, I reckon you would be looking at £200 for a good used pair.

better still if you are planning on fitting HID's you could try and get a pair with factory HID's and the ballasts to go with them.

Or, it should be possible to remove the lights, dismantle them and paint the inside yourself. You need to remove the bumper to get at the bottom light fixings though.

·
Registered
35,773 Posts
The internal parts are not all that simple. The bezel is in two pieces and attached to the back of the lens in a way you'll only discover when it's too late and you've broken the parts. I've looked closely at them and they're not as simple as the 147/156 era.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have a look around then and see if I can find some with the darker inners. Don't wanna be braking my set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts