Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to tint the rear lights using the fly using a film from www.flyeyeskit.co.uk I bought a 150cmx30cm film and applied it in less than 10minutes. Just cut the strip down to 150x15cm (still got the other half if anyones interested in doing this aswell let me know). I know it's not going to be to everyones taste but I think it looks good on a black car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,292 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Some good looking mods there. Especially like the black against white and quads you got there Mike, sure does bring the back of the car into 2012.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes Pendragon good suggestion. Still got enough left to do another strip as well. I'm hoping someone else wants to do theres so it doesnt go to waste.

·
Registered
222 Posts
hmmm prefer the first post, however with the spoiler the light on there would have to be changed too methinks...

I think it looks best standard :confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Totally fine at mot time. Reflectors still work and all light a show perfectly. I'll post som more pics.
This may not be the case- these are the proposed changes from April this year.

Lighting.

Products on the lens or light source that obviously reduce the light's intensity or change its colour will become a reason for failure – applies to front/rear position lamps, registration plate lamps, stop lamps, rear fog and direction indicators,

Headlight requirements are updated to take account of the particular characteristics of High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps.

HID headlights can cause dazzle if they are dirty or aimed too high so car manufacturers must fit headlamp cleaning and levelling systems. A car will fail if a mandatory headlamp cleaning or levelling system is missing, doesn't work or is obviously defective.

Vehicles fitted with aftermarket HID systems must also be fitted with properly working washer and levelling systems.

If a headlamp bulb is not seated correctly the resulting beam pattern will be indistinct and this will result in a test fail.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts