Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not had chance to find a decent spot to take some pics of my car yet since its had the new wheels on, been for a few drives but been at night.

Anyways gave the car a good wash, iron x'd the whole car, clayed, polished and waxed. Fingers hurt a bit now as did it all by hand.

Also had the rear brake/tail lights tinted, central brake and front fogs tinted too. Looks great from 1meter away but up close i can see little bits in the film whihc may have just been the plastic, carnt say and due to the lights being a cylinder it aint easy to wrap so when looking close you can see it creases a bit round the edge. Wish it was a bit of a better job but not bad.

Just waiting to have the darker headlamps to be fitted and then the Ferodo Fast road use pads and new discs all round.

few pics which have been edited a bit to look nicer.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thinking of changing the badges from Black and red to black and blue as i think they stand out too much at the mo. Thoughts?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was also thinking id like some form of italian flag decal on the car, maybe a thin line split into the italian flag colours. But dont sure where to put it.

Or maybe a decal saying Alfa Romeo in red somewhere.

Any thoughts would be great

·
Registered
378 Posts
For someone that doesn't particularly like blue cars I think yours is a beautiful example. Well done.

I'm not really a fan of the rear tinted lights, everything else is pretty spot on though. :)

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers for the comments.

i like the tinted lights against the dark blue paint, works nicely. But i wish the finish was a bit better than it turned out. Never mind. Only notice it close up in the daylight.

Alex - yeh defo, we can get some pics side by side, nose to nose etc, red and blue will look good together.

For the detailing i did the following:
Rinsed
Used super sprayer to get foam all over the car and left to soak
Washed car
Rinsed
Clayed
Polished by hand
Waxed
then lastly i used Extra Gloss Protection

After washed the tyres with super sprayer and Iron x they were wiped down with Quick Detailer to remove the water spots and give an even finish and the tyres were dressed.

The paint is super silky now :D

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Looks sweet! The more I see your car, the more I wish I had bought mine in blue!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers for the great comment, i am very pleased with the way my mito looks now.

Just finishing some gloss black bits for the interiour and grey headlamps are being fitted this fri which sould finish off the dark look.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Looking really good, but if your enjoy detailing your car buy a DA you'll never look back and the finish you can achieve is even better than what you've done by hand

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where did you get your red/black bonnet badge? I'm on the hunt for one!
I created the artwork and got the company DMB Graphics to make me gel overlays. They make custom badges and decals, where i got all of mine.

He might still have my files with all the cirrectly sized artwork and you could ask him to do any colour combo. Mention me, Andy had some make last summer. He might remember

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looking really good, but if your enjoy detailing your car buy a DA you'll never look back and the finish you can achieve is even better than what you've done by hand
Whats a DA? I do enjoy my detaling, such a good feeling when you feel and see the difference and when the rain beeds, looks great

·
Registered
280 Posts
I created the artwork and got the company DMB Graphics to make me gel overlays. They make custom badges and decals, where i got all of mine.

He might still have my files with all the cirrectly sized artwork and you could ask him to do any colour combo. Mention me, Andy had some make last summer. He might remember

Cheers mate, I'll give them a shout!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts