Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
having problem getting the connector off the end of the old sensor ( its the new type that unplugs at the sensor itself and not under the engine cover)- without it off i cant get access to bolt that holds sensor in place. Obviously working blind and cant even see what i am trying to disconnect but i am assuming its the type to just push down tab and pull?? been at this for hrs and getting nowhere fast. anyone got an image of what i am trying to unplug or any tips.thx

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
You have obviously got the principle of how it works. In practice, try pushing the connector further towards the sensor (as per connecting it) and then pressing the tab. Failing that, I use a hook or 90 degree pick to lift up the tongue from its lock barb (accessible from the sensor side).

If it has a yellow insert, this must first be pulled back towards the wires first as it inhibits disengagement of the latch. Sometimes a spray of silicone lubricant helps first.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have obviously got the principle of how it works. In practice, try pushing the connector further towards the sensor (as per connecting it) and then pressing the tab. Failing that, I use a hook or 90 degree pick to lift up the tongue from its lock barb (accessible from the sensor side).

If it has a yellow insert, this must first be pulled back towards the wires first as it inhibits disengagement of the latch. Sometimes a spray of silicone lubricant helps first.
Thanks, ill give it another try tomorrow - hopefully with a bit more success :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts