Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I am in need of advice from some experts, the dreaded EML came on and the garage gave me the code P0013 which after some research on here its timing related, the oil was changed in the hope that it would solve the problem but alas no, the EML is also intermittent going on and off at will, sometimes the car feels normal pulling away ok and other times its feels like its struggling to pull away even when the light is off, the timing chain was changed at 28,000 miles and the current mileage 56,000.

My question is should I just get the mechanic to just clean out the solenoids or replace them or am I talking crap and the timing chain is needing done?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Chris

·
Vendor
47,143 Posts
Remove solenoids and inspect first, give them a clean if dirty.

These engines need oil & filter changes very very regularly. Way more than the owner's manual suggests.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks i'll have a bash at cleaning them 1st, as I write this the light has been off for nearly a wk now and the car feels ok. Is it possible that the oil change has "cleaned out" the solenoids through anyway? As this is the longest the light has stayed off.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts