Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Giulietta 2.0 170 Veloce, 2013
55 Posts
If it's any use, original FPT marked belt that is 7 years old and done 68000 miles that came off my car still looks fine. Tensioners however both have quite some play in the bearings and water pump is not particularly free spinning or smooth.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
For cold climate (Sweden where I live) timing belt is to be changed every 4th year or 120k km (72k miles), which I find strange since my old Volvo had 10 years of 180k km (110k miles) not shorter interval in cold climate. Probably same manufacturer of the belt. The water pump of the Volvo was every 360k km (220k miles).

·
Registered
221 Posts
In Australia it’s 6 years or 120kms - but if in dusty conditions or city use with stop start its 4 years or 60,000.

Given Australia is one of the most urbanised populations in the world, and it can be hot in some parts of it, we run off the 4/60000.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Anyway, I went for the SKF kit in the end. Belt & waterpump branded SKF but the tensioner is Litens. The plastic outer wheel has 2 moulding/joint lines on that you can feel with your nail. Anybody seen a new one like this?
Don't feel totally happy about having the belt scuffing against the uneven surface.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
If you're concerned about the raised moulding marks ease them off with a needle file or abrasive paper.
I've looked at some of the old tensioners I have, why I don't throw them away I don't know, and two of the genuine Alfa balance belt tensioners for my GTV were made by Litens in Canada.

·
Registered
37,747 Posts
I think no matter what kit you buy you will have the same Litens tensioners, and only the belt would be different. The TS tensioners were also made in Canada and were identical between kits.

I cannot see that mouding mark causing too many issues, but as ARmoore says, you can always file or sand it off it it bothers you.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts