Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, another going on the market, We're 'Family Planning' now that it's the new year! The tax reminder just came through the door so I've decided to put the ol' bella on a sorn,
We've had mostly good times, but with the current niggles, I don't see the point in investing any more money as the market is in a plummet with current GTV prices, I'd probably only get around £400 for her at the moment! Will be sticking her on eBay this weekend.
She's being replaced by an 03 Jag X type 2.5 V6, mainly for the NCAP rating, safety features, Ford parts discount etc, I'm becoming a grandad at 27!!!
As for the GTV, she's just hit 80K with FSH up until I bought her, I then carried out all servicing, new plugs, regular oil changes, 2 recent tyres on the front, I'm the first male owner!
The perks I've added are a new sound system install with Vibe SLK speakers, Bellini GTR 18' wheels, Lusso red leather interior with red carpet, Kenwood CD player, new thermostat in august, new wiper blades, new front pads, NGK sparkies,
Unfortunately the cons are that some cow decided to reverse into the rear bumper and left a white scrape, luckily it's just a small dent and white scratches, the car is Galvanised to it won't corrode, the Bonnet has had a dink and exposed the fibreglass (Don't know how the **** it happened), The bonnet was resprayed and is slightly out on the colour, The gearbox needs replacing (Second synchro is out, will engage in low revs) However I have a recon'd gearbox to go with the car!
The car is on an S and I believe it's one of the first Phase 2's to hit the market, She also comes with her original 15'' steel rims and hub caps
There's a slight wobble at 60mph but this is due to the idiots at Kwik fit forgetting to put my spigot rings back in and thus the wheels slightly face up by 1mm difference but the spigot rings themselves are only £14.99 for 4.
Apart from the above, the car has been in daily use until this crimbo, We currently use the Mrs' Citreon C3 as it's soo economic, 58MPG and has plenty of features to keep me occupied!
If anyone's interested in making an offer, go for it, It'll only go on ebay otherwise :)
I'll keep viewing the forum though, I'm tempted to buy a Brera at some point next year :p

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
1,096 Posts
A grandad at 27!! That must be a world record! :lol:

Good luck with the sale, will make a great bargain for someone

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arrgh, forgot to add, 6 months left on MOT, no advisories, all bushes fine, Including 2 powerflex inner arm bushes replaced in August!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly that mate :)
And apparently the room for a pushchair, All these new types of bloody pushchairs is confusing, you see one by 'Maclaren' looks alright but then there's the price tag - £420 for a piece of aluminium that's going to get covered in **** and baby food!!!!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Well pops I guess that's put an end to extreme ironing as well.. Don't worry you'll be a grandad like me in no time at all.. and then you can retreat to the shed for good.. peace and quiet.. bliss.........

A

·
0 Posts
Good luck with your sale - we've arrived at the same decision. In our case it's three dogs (1 afghan hound, 1 greyhound and a lurcher) just don't fit in my car :)

D

·
0 Posts
Shame you are so far away otherwise I would have been interested.

Good luck with selling her

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
i had a spider then we had 2 kids so i bought a........... gtv!!! for the extra room in the back ;) :lol:

what are "Bellini GTR 18' wheels" they look nice in your profile pic, do you have any more pics of them? i have just cracked one of my 18 wheels and i dont think its repairable :cry: are you selling yours wheel seperately?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Jon,
I'd rather sell the car as a whole, reason being that Pirelli P6000's don't last long on a gtv so the spares are just the rim etc! I'll load some more photo's up tomorrow, They're a 100pcd measurement with wobblebolts :)

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Please can I have your GTV for fitting the supercharger? I cant afford to insure it on mine so I need a project car!!

Sent from my E10i

1 - 20 of 75 Posts