Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a decision I've taken lightly, I almost sold her a couple of months ago but just couldn't bring myself to do it, as I genuinely love the car more than some members of my family.

No expense ever spared, if she ever needed anything it got done, in fact even if it wasn't needed it sometimes got done lol

I fully intended to keep her and just spent £2000 on a major service, cam belt water pump etc, some suspension bits and new rear pads and discs (Turns out the noise was the tyres but the discs needed changing anyway lol)

A move to the North of Scotland means I'm not going to inflict that mileage on her, I do almost all motorway driving as it is, but that's a 90 mile trip every Friday and Sunday, this new job means I just cannot keep her miles low and the toll that mileage will do on the car is something I'm not prepared to do.

Storage is not an option, so I'm going to sell up and joining the ranks of getting something ordinary and boring for a while

I'll type an advert up later and get her on Pistonheads , hopefully my laptop will not suffer water damage from my tears lol.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Why can't you use it for the 90 mile trips? That's not much and the v6 will take it in its stride.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do use it for the 90 mile trips, and she does it with ease and absoloutly love the drive.

The move to Scotland means that will become over 350 miles, so over 700 miles every weekend is not something I want to do to her.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Wow, that is one hell of a commute!

Good luck with the sale. I know it won't be easy to let go :(

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but why can't you get a reasonably priced economical car for the commute and keep the GTV at home.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Maybe the cost of running and maintaining two cars? I would keep the cup and buy and by a guilietta or mito 1.6jtdm, wouldn't cost much in fuel.

·
Registered
359 Posts
That's exactly why I run my 62 plate Punto as a daily drive- free tax, cheap mpg, low insurance and doesn't matter when I have to go down country lanes to see a client.

Also the Cup can sit tucked up at home not adding miles unless I want to take it out, and be on limited miles insurance to save there too.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sold to the first person that saw her (I gave my word I wouldn't sell until he saw here) He drove away today and the weather suited my mood (pouring down)
Thanks to anyone that helped me out on the forum, I've loved owning the car, really hope Joe loves her as much as I have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts