Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm John and got my first Alfa back in 2010. Worried by a bad rep I still went ahead and bought the 159Ti with full body kit in black with gorgeous tan leather interior, mainly because of it's drop dead looks. I bought it from Meridien Milano, Bournemouth.

Still there is never a day goes by when people don't almost twist their necks off when they see it. I've even had people approach me in shops, barbers, petrol stations and just on the street to ask about my car. Never had that before even with BMW's or MR2.

Sadly though the time has come to sell it as I can't justify keeping it when I get a company car in July. I have had a quick look on the selling page but tbh I didn't really understand it or what it entails as there do seem to be many rules and regulations. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Perhaps explain what it will cost me to use this site to advertise my car?

kind regards,
John.

·
Administrator
88,014 Posts
There isn't a charge for using the AO Classified section, however you need to have 10+ posts to use it IIRC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All, I'm John and got my first Alfa back in 2010. Worried by a bad rep I still went ahead and bought the 159Ti with full body kit in black with gorgeous tan leather interior, mainly because of it's drop dead looks. I bought it from Meridien Milano, Bournemouth.

Still there is never a day goes by when people don't almost twist their necks off when they see it. I've even had people approach me in shops, barbers, petrol stations and just on the street to ask about my car. Never had that before even with BMW's or MR2.

Sadly though the time has come to sell it as I can't justify keeping it when I get a company car in July. I have had a quick look on the selling page but tbh I didn't really understand it or what it entails as there do seem to be many rules and regulations. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Perhaps explain what it will cost me to use this site to advertise my car?

kind regards,
John.
I'm having same issues. I've got to sell my Giulietta as need to get a automatic unfortunately. There is nothing quite like the look of an Alfa, people do just stop and stare.
Good luck

·
Registered
787 Posts
Sixfoottoo, do you have any pics of your alfa, would love to see it in full body kit?

Cheers,
Joe.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Hi, just list the details and some pics on this thread. Black ti's with tan are rare and sort after though the body kit might not be to everyones taste.

I have been looking to change my car for a Brera or a 2.4 Ti so might be interested in it.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hi John,

sounds like you have a similar car to me, as I also have the full bodykit and judging from my Reg it also came from Meridian in Bournemouth. There also another black one with bodykit and a HG reg for sale at the moment on ebay.

Here's mine as someone asked what they look like.

GLWS.

Mark

Attachments

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I will post some photo's on here when I work out how to do that. I can't find an attach link just a drag and drop file upload. How does that work? I've just had the garage where I bought the car tell me they want to buy it back. Be interesting what they offer me.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mileage is 34235. Very little work done on it as I only do about 5000 miles per year. New battery needed about 18 months ago, tires all in good condition, 99.9% of driving with only the driver so other car seats look almost brand new. Serviced and MOT'd till Jan 2017. Full service history but not with Alfa Romeo. As you can see from the pictures it's a very rare model. A 159Ti in black with a stunning tan leather interior and full body kit.

General condition v.good. Usual tiny stone chips you would get with a car of 6 yrs old but no dents at all. The only flaw is a 3 inch tear in the side of the drivers seat.

It handles like a dream and although it has tremendous mid range speed when needed, I average 34 mpg. Brakes are amazing. Best car I've ever driven and @ 52 I've had many!!

The sale price is £7, 750. If I wasn't getting a company car, I wouldn't be selling.

·
Registered
7,547 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts