Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys

Do you know how much a set of 4 tyres 225 50 R17 98W should cost?
I asked somewhere and they said to me 220 euros each and I was wondering if this is too much or is this the normal price?
Also, can you recommend someone who is professional in wheel alignment?
I have 30000 km and I need to replace all 4 tyres. Is that normal?

Thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Well the life of tyres depends on driver's style and on their composure. Some tyres give higher mileage but lower leves of grip and vice-versa. For cars like the Brera the tyre usually used are the high grip ones, so the 30k in my opinion is not bad at all. Before you proceed wth the purchase of new tyres better read the available reviews via internet.
The only Cypriot web site giving prices as far as I know, is the following: Tyres Cyprus - Nicosia , All types of tyres - saloon - 4x4 - van - truck - buses
Last week had to change one of the rear tyres of my BMW320i Touring, 255/35/18 Run Flat, and paid inclusive VAT Euro390 (Bridgestone). What brand & type your Brera is currently equiped?

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the life of tyres depends on driver's style and on their composure. Some tyres give higher mileage but lower leves of grip and vice-versa. For cars like the Brera the tyre usually used are the high grip ones, so the 30k in my opinion is not bad at all. Before you proceed wth the purchase of new tyres better read the available reviews via internet.
The only Cypriot web site giving prices as far as I know, is the following: Tyres Cyprus - Nicosia , All types of tyres - saloon - 4x4 - van - truck - buses
Last week had to change one of the rear tyres of my BMW320i Touring, 255/35/18 Run Flat, and paid inclusive VAT Euro390 (Bridgestone). What brand & type your Brera is currently equiped?
Thanks for the info Nicolas :thumbs:
It has Michellin Primacy HP. As you said these are suitable for best grip (Checked on the Michellin web site)
What type of tyres would you recommend?

A

·
0 Posts
Michelins give higher mileage and softer riding. My 1998 156 2.0 came with Firestones 205/55/16, but was not satisfied until switched to Good Year Excellence. My next car the 147 with same size as the 156 but with Pirelli PZero Rosso, excellent dry grip and good thogh on wet. Changed to Good Year F1 GSD2 and I can say that this was the best of them. Read that the new Good Year F1 Assymmetric is a much better tyre as regards grip. Good Year & Pirelli I think will give better grip but lower mileage compared to Michelin. Michelin are generally better all round tyres. Better ask for prices before consider the rest as all above tyres are recommended. Definetely do not opt for Chinese origin tyres. Also read this report: Tyre test | Total Tyre Guide | Products | Auto Express.
Your tyre size looks to be a not popular one so you may find out at the end of the day, that your options are not that many.:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hello Nikolas i highly recommend Pirelli P-Zero Rosso. Tires is my job and for sure i am a Pirelli Fan.
Now as for the millage i cant say anything because the maximum my tires take me is ONE YEAR!!!:lol: (maybe it is my driving, and Chris don't comment!:)) now as far for the prizes just give me a call (99-373529) and we will arrange it and also you can try our wheel alignment.
As for the exact type of tire you are looking for here are the details:

225/50 ZR 17 101W

ZR indicates speeds over 240Km

The letter W after the 98w means speeds up to 270 Km
and the number 98 indicates load of 750 kg per tyre.
The recommended is 101W which means load of 825 kg per tyre also for speeds up to 270 km.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys

Nicolas, I checked the site that you told me in Auto Express and it was very helpful thanks alot :thumbs:
I think for me the best suit would be a good all-rounder. I mean performance an grip is good, but also, I need something quite. I don't care about fuel economy but also I want something that will not need to change after 15000 km.
Also the Michellin that I have are very bad in the Aquaplaning effect. I mean I will never forget one nigh in the highway coming from limassol with heavy rain. I felt the car like it was going on snow :mad:

Hello Alfa-Sprint
Thanks for the advice. I could try the Pirelli i guess if they match with my... demands :lol:
I also read that the P7 are not so good comparing other marques. Are the P-Zero rosso better than the P7s?
Thanks again guys

·
Banned
10,277 Posts
NikolasV, I have tried lots of makes and types of tires on my cars all around.

P-Zero's are the best for me ! Excellent tyre, the more you push it, the more it grips :cool:

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Guys
Just tested my new Pirelli Pzero Rosso on my Brera by doing a day trip to Paphos
First impression?
The ride got a lot smoother and quiter, and the grib is... phenomenal!!!!
Thanks again :)

A

·
0 Posts
Unfortunately for my Sud's 185/60/14 no sizes are available.
For the records just replaced all front & rear bushes with Superflex ones and the ride is definetely harder than with the rubber ones, but the car feels more stable on the road.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts