Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,been in an Alfa for 10 years now, 147 selespeed and GT JTS ( both the variants that you don't really want) but it's time for something else. Unfortunately there isn't an Alfa that does it for me at the mo( could be pushed into a 4C though....)!

Have to say that both of our Alfas have never let us down and I've enjoyed driving and owning both.:thumbup:

This forum has been an added bonus to the whole experience as well:thumbup:

Taking delivery of a new Mazda in a couple of weeks.....:depressed::biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Best of luck with your new one .

have a happy new year

Reactions: fredzedex

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CX3 suv thingy........ Wife likes it and it comes with loads of kit in Sportnav spec.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
goodluck with the Mazda

on a separate note, I had a 156 SW sele JTS which on paper is a disaster, I thought it was great, sad to see it go.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
goodluck with the Mazda

on a separate note, I had a 156 SW sele JTS which on paper is a disaster, I thought it was great, sad to see it go.

Ha ha:jester::thumbup:

The first thing the dealer asked when he went to look at the GT was "is it a selespeed?"

Got to say our 147 selespeed was a real hoot to drive:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
the sele's are great when they work! if you have to do more than 10k a year though I would steer clear.

V

·
0 Posts
Well, been in an Alfa for 10 years now, 147 Selespeed and GT JTS (both the variants that you don't really want) but it's time for something else. Unfortunately there isn't an Alfa that does it for me at the mo (could be pushed into a 4C though....)!

Have to say that both of our Alfas have never let us down and I've enjoyed driving and owning both.:thumbup:

This forum has been an added bonus to the whole experience as well:thumbup:

Taking delivery of a new Mazda in a couple of weeks.....:depressed::biglaugh:
CX3 suv thingy........ Wife likes it and it comes with loads of kit in Sportnav spec.
I think so,not sure what's all about though. I was more interested in the Bose system!
goodluck with the Mazda

Ha ha:jester::thumbup:

The first thing the dealer asked when he went to look at the GT was "is it a selespeed?"

Got to say our 147 Selespeed was a real hoot to drive:thumbup:
the Sele's are great when they work! if you have to do more than 10k a year though I would steer clear.

Well I don't know...another 'leaving the Alfa fold' post, containing all the above reasons for actually not doing so :rolleyes: :lol:.

I had a 156 Selespeed from new and did 92,000 trouble-free miles in it. Wonderful system. Looking back, I just wish I'd had it remapped now. Still great fun though.

Enjoy the wife's Mazda, I'm sure it'll be very 'competent'. And if the soundtrack is less than inspiring, just turn up the Bose :paperbag: :wink_org:.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Max, my dearest decided finally that our 147 Sele' should go, as she found the clonking of gear changes and teeth chattering over bumps was too much for her to cope with? :tut:

Finecky soft pussy kits can't stand the pace with a real mans motor ? :disappointed: :D

S

·
0 Posts
Good Luck ....My Mazda Xedos was way up there as one of my all time favourite cars ;)

V

·
0 Posts
Max, my dearest decided finally that our 147 Sele' should go, as she found the clonking of gear changes and teeth chattering over bumps was too much for her to cope with? :tut:

Finecky soft pussy kits can't stand the pace with a real mans motor ? :disappointed: :D

I'm lucky Zed, I don't have an other half to worry about! :thumbup:

PS - I bet she left it in Auto mode? I found gearchanges to be smooth and intuitive when using the stubby knob or buttons. Driving her fast also helped :wink_org:. The car 'all came together' and made sense when it was being driven as God intended.

(And as we all know, God is a bloke :biglaugh:).

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I don't know...another 'leaving the Alfa fold' post, containing all the above reasons for actually not doing so :rolleyes: :lol:.

I had a 156 Selespeed from new and did 92,000 trouble-free miles in it. Wonderful system. Looking back, I just wish I'd had it remapped now. Still great fun though.

Enjoy the wife's Mazda, I'm sure it'll be very 'competent'. And if the soundtrack is less than inspiring, just turn up the Bose :paperbag: :wink_org:.
Test drove the Mazda on Monday. It does make quite a nice noise actually and it comes with manual paddles behind the steering wheels. Wether it changes up quicker over 5k rpm and gives you a nice burst of revs on the downchange,we'll have to see..... ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
I like a car that you glance back at and feel satisfied, had Alfas just over 10yrs and look forward to the next 10.
Only a maserati or aston could replace my alfa.
Anything mundane would be very dissapointing.
Sorry

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts