Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys...

Well it's time... I don't want to let her go but I have to!! I have just listed an Alfa GT JTDm 170 Cloverleaf Q2 for sale. The problem I have is that in researching these cars, to assess value and work out my asking price I can only find 3 for sale in the whole of the UK... And the 'howmanyleft' website says there are only 2 of them currently taxed in the UK!! Are they really that rare?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm sure when I bought mine there were 3 for sale on Auto Trader alone, so I'd guess there's a few kicking about.

I'm sure there's a few owners on here, more than us two at least I'm sure. Would be interesting to find out :)

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure when I bought mine there were 3 for sale on Auto Trader alone, so I'd guess there's a few kicking about.

I'm sure there's a few owners on here, more than us two at least I'm sure. Would be interesting to find out :)
Hi Dan. Currently two on A/T and one on ebay... two now with mine. The other one on ebay claims to be 'one of only 58 in the UK', but I can't find where that info comes from...

Makes it hard to value the car as so few to compare against... I know what I can let mine go for, but the cheapest other car is well over £1000 more than I anticipated selling mine for with 10k more miles on... I'm not greedy but don't want to undersell it either!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying to fine out from other sources and came across this:

How Rare Is My 2009 ALFA ROMEO GT?
Interesting. So much conflicting information. Howmanyleft currently says there are 561 C'leaf JTDm taxed this year but only 2 Q2's... While the link you have found says only 122 C'leaf JTDm's total and doesn't list the C'leaf Q2 at all.... Hmmmm.... Clear as mud springs to mind!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Interesting. So much conflicting information. Howmanyleft currently says there are 561 C'leaf JTDm taxed this year but only 2 Q2's... While the link you have found says only 122 C'leaf JTDm's total and doesn't list the C'leaf Q2 at all.... Hmmmm.... Clear as mud springs to mind!
The Q2 was fitted as standard to the 170 BHP version of the Cloverleaf. The Q2 was a separate model fitted with unique (and rather gorgeous) alloys and I think they were all diesels. It came with the Q2 diff fitted by Alfa Romeo. Hope this helps clear the confusion.

My original post was wrong - I've just checked the brochure! Amended post accordingly.

Reactions: DJDan1986

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
The Q2 was an option on all the blackline and cloverleaf models ...so

Some have them some don't ..the only ones to definitely have the Q2 were the,well er Q2..:)

As said above most cars that have them are aftermarket so generally the Quaife rather than than the factory fitted Thorsen.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There is no such model as a Cloverleaf Q2. No Cloverleafs in UK were fitted with that differential - they are all owner or dealer fitted aftermarket items. The Q2 was a separate model fitted with unique (and rather gorgeous) alloys and I think they were all diesels. It came with the Q2 diff fitted by Alfa Romeo. Hope this helps clear the confusion.
There's a thread about this somewhere...I remember it being quite popular when I got my GT and registered on here.

By this reckoning, my Cloverleaf has had the Q2 fitted as either an option or after it was first purchased. I have a whole host of receipts from new and none of them are for fitting the Q2.

·
Registered
207 Posts
My Alfa dealer told me that you could identify a GT Cloverleaf 170 Q2 by the sport button on the center consul .

·
Registered
116 Posts
This was the thread I was reading when I first got my GT: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...id-the-gt-come-in-170-sport-button-guise.html

Post no.14:

Hi, I just bought a GT and have been through the same questions. There are 2 diesel GT Cloverleaf versions - the GT Cloverleaf (green cloverleaf badge on rear) which has 150bhp and no sport button or Q2 diff. Secondly there is the GT Cloverleaf Q2 which has 170bhp, a sport button (which alters the throttle map only, not the bhp) and the Q2 diff. The Cloverleaf Q2 does not have the green cloverleaf badge on the rear, but has a green cloverleaf in a white triangle on the front haunch.

My GT is 2008 and is a Q2, so they are definitely available from 08 onwards.

Also, try here for more info -> Alfa GT Cloverleaf

This has jogged my memory now re the badges, I think that post is correct. So mine is definitely the Clover Q2 due to the white badges on the front haunches :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
GT cloverleaf 170 q2. Came with q2. And yes sport button in centre console. Clover triangles on the front wings, no clover badge on boot. Heated seats an option. And windows blue and me info system.

GT 150 cloverleaf did not come with q2 or was it an option. One clover badge on the boot.

GT clover special edition final edition is recognisable for having no exterior Bertone badges or 170 clover triangle badges on the wings. They came with every conceivable GT accessory. Even sensor wipers.

Clover 170's have bigger injectors uprated fuel pump and some say were all blessed by the Pope on the production line. And are the model best for tuning. Oh and black ones are most special..:thumbup:

There are still a fair few clover 170's around. The 150 model was slightly more popular though so probably more of those about.

Damien.

Reactions: DJDan1986

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow. Thanks for all the info. Tbf, I'm ok with the spec and models... I was just pondering really how much more than a 150 it is worth because I could find so few if I'm honest... I actually don't really want to sell it tbf, I really like it but I can't keep them all and I've already done 4k miles in it while I've been thinking about it. It's really good fun to drive - it's definitely a 170 and has the button etc. Only thing with mine is it has the Jet Fins on instead the original C'leaf alloys but am sure someone won't notice. I prefer them if I'm honest, I think they look great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GT cloverleaf 170 q2. Came with q2. And yes sport button in centre console. Clover triangles on the front wings, no clover badge on boot. Heated seats an option. And windows blue and me info system.

GT 150 cloverleaf did not come with q2 or was it an option. One clover badge on the boot.

GT clover special edition final edition is recognisable for having no exterior Bertone badges or 170 clover triangle badges on the wings. They came with every conceivable GT accessory. Even sensor wipers.

Clover 170's have bigger injectors uprated fuel pump and some say were all blessed by the Pope on the production line. And are the model best for tuning. Oh and black ones are most special..:thumbup:

There are still a fair few clover 170's around. The 150 model was slightly more popular though so probably more of those about.

Damien.
Lol, nope. Red ones are most special. Every Alfa looks awesome in Alfa Rossi Red! And black cars always look dirty again after a mile or so... I do concede they look good when they've just been polished though. ;-)

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Interesting. So much conflicting information. Howmanyleft currently says there are 561 C'leaf JTDm taxed this year but only 2 Q2's...
Depends how it was registered at DVLA .. I bet a lot of bog-stand Alfa's are actually a higher spec ..

Nothing on my DVLA record to show my 156 is a SportPack2 version with the Recaro's, lowered suspension, etc ..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Depends how it was registered at DVLA .. I bet a lot of bog-stand Alfa's are actually a higher spec ..

Nothing on my DVLA record to show my 156 is a SportPack2 version with the Recaro's, lowered suspension, etc ..
I've got a 58 Reg Cloverleaf Q2 (with Sport Button and Cloverleaf triangles on the wings) but it was advertised by the dealer I bought it from as a bog standard 150bhp car because that's what it's registered as with DVLA. I'm not sure if I should bring this to DVLA's attention or if it invalidates my insurance but I'm just going to plead ignorance for now if anything untowards happens.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's another Q2 Cloverleaf with the sport button.

Love it to bits and have never seen another one.

When it comes to selling it though I do not see it as being more valuable than a 150 Cloverleaf or a Blackline.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's another Q2 Cloverleaf with the sport button.

Love it to bits and have never seen another one.

When it comes to selling it though I do not see it as being more valuable than a 150 Cloverleaf or a Blackline.
Does yours show as a 150 or 170 with DVLA?

·
Registered
207 Posts
My 2010 GT CLOVEREAF is the SE version , every extra possible ,was 170 bhp with Q2. Dvla says its a 150 bhp clover. When having work done at Autolusso they checked and it came back as a blackline. Autolusso said this is normal for an Alfa !

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2010 GT CLOVEREAF is the SE version , every extra possible ,was 170 bhp with Q2. Dvla says its a 150 bhp clover. When having work done at Autolusso they checked and it came back as a blackline. Autolusso said this is normal for an Alfa !
So the DVLA information ref Q2s can't really be relied on by the looks of It! There's a surprise ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts