Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - Ive spent most of my time on this forum complaining about one issue or another I have had on my car (Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.6 JTDM 2011 Lusso) - I still do have the dreaded rear wiper issue that I need to claim under warranty for (suspected body computer.... but for once I am posting about something positive!! :)

Having owned the car since June last year - It has had some short motorway trips but this weekend it had its first really long journey ( 3.5 hours - mostly motorway) - and I have to say that considering my car is only the 1.6 105 diesel - I am very impressed! - I am sure the more powerful ones are allot more fun to drive, but my little 1.6 held its own on the motorway.. In D mode, even at higher speeds it still had plenty of grunt in it to overtake swiftly, and was a pleasure to drive...

I think the fact that these engines have good torque helps.... It's not as quick as my old 2.0 TDI 140 passat but did not feel under powered or that far off it when cruising. All this and 58 mpg on the long run...... :)

So there you go - Just wanted to share something positive for once :)

Matt

·
Registered
56 Posts
Okay - Ive spent most of my time on this forum complaining about one issue or another I have had on my car (Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.6 JTDM 2011 Lusso) - I still do have the dreaded rear wiper issue that I need to claim under warranty for (suspected body computer.... but for once I am posting about something positive!! :)

Having owned the car since June last year - It has had some short motorway trips but this weekend it had its first really long journey ( 3.5 hours - mostly motorway) - and I have to say that considering my car is only the 1.6 105 diesel - I am very impressed! - I am sure the more powerful ones are allot more fun to drive, but my little 1.6 held its own on the motorway.. In D mode, even at higher speeds it still had plenty of grunt in it to overtake swiftly, and was a pleasure to drive...

I think the fact that these engines have good torque helps.... It's not as quick as my old 2.0 TDI 140 passat but did not feel under powered or that far off it when cruising. All this and 58 mpg on the long run...... :)

So there you go - Just wanted to share something positive for once :)

Matt
I've taken mine on a few longer journeys (South of France springs to mind!) but the vast majority of journeys are less than 20 miles. Yesterday I got the chance to do a 140 mile round trip to Dunoon. Up the side of Loch Lomond and over the Rest and Be Thankful. Any of you familiar with the road will understand when I say; fabulous. Car ran like a dream and, to make it even better, on the way out the traffic was very light. Made me remember why I bought this car.:thumbup:

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Some more praise fromme...

Temperatures are going up, and so is the Mileage. I'm averaging nearly 15% better now than I did in the coldest of winter when the temperatures remained negative. 55 mpg for local/urban use again.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Did 240 mile trip on Sunday; mostly motorway, averaged 60mph (traffic) and 35mpg (1.4MA 170 TCT). Drive was quiet, comfortable, and as quick as (mostly considerably quicker than) any other car on the road. Only worry was the ease with which the car went from 69.999 mph upwards. :paranoid:

(After 200 miles the 'Start Stop Unavailable' message came up, which is the first time Ive seen it, although start stop has only ever worked on about 3 occasions in 6 months or so I've had the car... )

·
Registered
525 Posts
Similar to you got my g last July and I have posted lots about little niggles or things I have noticed so has been easy to feel like it has been a bit of a disappointment, but all turned out to be nothing or easy fixes-slight suspension squeak being solved by a bit of silicone spray being an example.

couldn't be further from the truth though, hated giving up my 156 but the g is a seriously good car all things considered.

having said that, mine being an ma I'm very envious of your mpg

Sent from my D5103 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Likewise with the 1.6 Jtdm being a little gem. It really does hold its own on the motorways much better than you would think.

Plus I once averaged 76.1 mpg going down to Bristol...can't argue with that :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts