Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
Hope everyone is keeping well.
Thanks to lockdown, looks like the battery in my 159 2.0 JTDM ti Sportwagon has given up the will to live. The original Alfa battery lasted from January 2010 to September 2016 and the replacement I bought (a Platinum 115E) has lasted ever since. During the time that the Platinum has been used, a Pioneer sat nav head unit has been installed but apart from that, nothing else electrical has been added.
So, batteries are you folk using and what are your recommendations?
Thanks in advance
Andy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Being a diesel, you’ll need something with decent CCA rating. You’re not really running many accessories so you could probably get away with something with lower AH rating.

In my case, I actually do use a fairly current and power hungry audio system without the engine running so my needs are more demanding.

I went for a Northstar from the USA. Not cheap but starts immediately and always.

They do make smaller ones too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
I have the 2.0...I also went for a 115 size battery....its the biggest that will fit in the tray and still use the factory hold down. I went with AGM 800cca and 80ah. Made a massive difference on how fast it spins over and starts (might be in my head but it seems to run smoother from stone cold too). On the old 60ah one its would JUST about start after about 7 to10 days of not being used. This one fired up instantly after a month of lockdown with alarm on. Recommended.

·
Registered
767 Posts
get the advanced battery from advanced batteries online - its the best one for the money you can buy and more powerful than bosch etc It also comes with 5 year warranty and free delivery

It is also the correct size battery

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
I can recommend Tayna batteries, I got myself an Exide EA900 115TE from them, much cheaper than most other places, again it's the perfect size for the battery tray.

90Ah and 720 CCA

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help folks. Managed to track down another Platinum 115E (900/90); your suggestions though useful for future reference.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah i went 115 with my 2.4JTDM about 8 months ago and I left the car about 4 weeks during lockdown and it then fired up with no hesitation and as said, it fits the tray perfectly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts