Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have decided to post mine up for sale in the classifieds section in two minds, to see if there is any interest. It will make a nice car for someone. I don't need a change except one word "Quadrifoglio", which might just happen IF I can make the money work starting with selling mine. Before the bots take over..... " La Meccanica delle emozioni .."

It is here.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
That will be a very very good car for someone, price looks more like a fire sale!

Reactions: metalgod23

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Top Down . You are right. I absolutely don't need to change. But I feel it is time to scratch the itch while I still can. Not sure I will be able to do it in a few years given personal reasons. As for the price, I have kept it very very reasonable for a quick sale. Compared to the part ex price which is like throwing money away, this should be a good balance. Thinking about it except for the age and about par mileage, even 30k won't buy you a newish Super in this spec and more importantly mods/upgrades. I just want a quick sale before I change my mind..... again. :D

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Car looks great MG and with all the mods, it’s an absolute snap!
Beechdale Alfa in Derby have a Quadrifoglio with just 90 mikes on the clock for under £55k. I’m very tempted myself tbh!

Reactions: metalgod23

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks chaps! Right now it's just on here. I may post it up on Pistonheads and AT possibly as well. Never used Pistonheads before, is it worth posting there? Any experience anyone?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was playing golf with a colleague on Monday - he's ready for changing his car and was showing great interest in my Giulia
Sent him the details MG... we're up in Yorkshire - where men are men and sheep are nervous - but he's not opposed to travelling for the right vehicle ;)

·
Vendor
45,986 Posts
If you're looking for a Quadrifoglio then perhaps ask sellers if they are interested in taking yours in part ex, you never know.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Not a great time to do it....they can t even come and see your car....as it's not an essential journey (going to work if you have to) and it's not a trip for food or exercise. The only driving rules that have changed since lockdown began is being allowed to drive further to exercise.....nothing else. I'd wait a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you're looking for a Quadrifoglio then perhaps ask sellers if they are interested in taking yours in part ex, you never know.
I have already been offered a part-ex but as I had indicated in my classified advert, the price for part-ex does not do justice to the car in the current form.

@alfaitalia , like I said I am putting out feelers here and have said sometime in June or thereabouts subject to social distancing in the advert.

Reactions: alfaitalia

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
You could drive 20, 30 miles, do some exercise and oh! just happen to look at a car at the same time.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
You could drive 20, 30 miles, do some exercise and oh! just happen to look at a car at the same time.
I did 100 miles early on Sunday for 'exercise'. It was only when I got home that it struck me I'd forgotten to get out of the car half way round.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks chaps! Right now it's just on here. I may post it up on Pistonheads and AT possibly as well. Never used Pistonheads before, is it worth posting there? Any experience anyone?
Try Gumtree, it free for a listing that lasts a few weeks, when it expires just relist it again.
Sold my Giulietta on there some years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Try Gumtree, it free for a listing that lasts a few weeks, when it expires just relist it again.
Sold my Giulietta on there some years ago.
Somehow I find it difficult to trust Gumtree on a car like this and the audience it may attract. I think I will post it on PH and AT at some point.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Not a great time to do it....they can t even come and see your car....as it's not an essential journey (going to work if you have to) and it's not a trip for food or exercise. The only driving rules that have changed since lockdown began is being allowed to drive further to exercise.....nothing else. I'd wait a bit.
you're full of cheer!

as long as social distancing occurs and everyone wears masks and washes their hands.

good luck MG!

anyone got any summer tyres they want to shift?

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good luck MG!

Thanks tpmmpt. If it all goes through and I get the Quad, first thing I WILL be doing is getting rid of the Corsa tyres and put some Michelin or Good years on.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Thanks tpmmpt. If it all goes through and I get the Quad, first thing I WILL be doing is getting rid of the Corsa tyres and put some Michelin or Good years on.
id be interested in taking them off your hands potentially depending on time scales for a fair price if you cant get the dealer to swap them. ive currently got the alpins still on as my corsas are nearly done and im in such a quandary over what to do in october and the covid situation ive let things drift over ordering new summers (if i hand back in oct i was reluctant to shell out on 4 brand new mp4s or eagles especially as im having 0 opportunity to drive the car in 'anger' over the last few months and foreseeable future im not suffering with by having the alpins on)

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
you're full of cheer!

as long as social distancing occurs and everyone wears masks and washes their hands.

good luck MG!

Fine...it's up to you if you stick to the rules or not......you must be related to my neighbours who at this very moment have their elderly inlaws round....AGAIN!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
id be interested in taking them off your hands potentially depending on time scales for a fair price if you cant get the dealer to swap them. ive currently got the alpins still on as my corsas are nearly done and im in such a quandary over what to do in october and the covid situation ive let things drift over ordering new summers (if i hand back in oct i was reluctant to shell out on 4 brand new mp4s or eagles especially as im having 0 opportunity to drive the car in 'anger' over the last few months and foreseeable future im not suffering with by having the alpins on)
Fine...it's up to you if you stick to the rules or not......you must be related to my neighbours who at this very moment have their elderly inlaws round....AGAIN!
not wanting to derail a thread, but going on a isolated drive and looking at a car adhereing to all distancings and hygeine recommendations, is not equivalent with mixing with people. that said i belive you are now allowed to mix with a certain number of non household ppl or some other vague allowances thast will cause a 2nd spike as majority of the populace hav no common sense or self responsibility

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am repeating what I have said. I have mentioned 'subject to social distancing' and as said at the start of the advert, I am putting out feelers. Cannot get more distanced than doing the initial discussion for a potential purchase via the forum/messages/calls and then reserve it until time comes. Let's not get into this discussion as we are all fairly responsible adults. There is enough other threads about covid, social distancing and the general intelligence of the public in beaches.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts