Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the bill for the lease on my house this year,75 quid it was.Now when barrets owned the lease it was 75 quid but with ten pounds off if you paid up on time(this was always on the bill)Now estates and management have the lease no f*****g mention of the tenner off,and their automated payment line doesn,t mention it either,you have to phone them to get your tenner off.Now a tenner doesnt seem much,but there are 600 houses paying this 75 quid a year so if i am the only one asking for my tenner,and everyone else pays the seventy five,thats a lot of extra cash for "forgetting"to put this information on the bill,not illegal,but just goes to show that like every company in this country if the b******s can squeeze ya some more they will.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Companies rely on customers 'forgetting' their discounts or rebates.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
You lease your house for £75 a year?? :confused: Can I come and live there - I won't even complain about the tenner...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The lease isn,t on the house ,it,s just the rent for the land it,s built on,the land belongs to them. I pay 75(65) quid a year just for having my house there.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It,s not really the dosh it,s the on purpose"omission"of the 10 quid reduction that points out to me that this company will(like many others)try any trick to take our last penny by fair or foul means.:eek:

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
You see more and more new build "leasehold" houses for sale.
All to do with maintaining an income stream after building and selling the houses. That and needing to approve any plans for improving your house, £150 please and then, of course, the management company that maintains the strip of grass at the side of the road and sees the need the increase the costs by 100% due to their incompetance in fixing/****ing the electric gates!
We sacked the management company and with a bit of graft from the owners now manage it ourselves and the costs are 20% cheaper than they were originally! Takes time and effort but well worth it.
Might be difficult to arrange with 600 houses though

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep i forgot to mention,forty quid to get a written permission letter to change our windows from wood to plastic,a hundred quid to be allowed to build a conservatory,got plastic facsia boards etc put on the house didn,t ask permission for that though.But a hundred and forty quid for two letters,which must have taken five minutes each to type,that works out they charge £840 pound an hour for letter responding:wow:I can see why we used to laugh at victor meldrew,although now i am starting to think him somewhat:lol:

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yep i forgot to mention,forty quid to get a written permission letter to change our windows from wood to plastic,a hundred quid to be allowed to build a conservatory,got plastic facsia boards etc put on the house didn,t ask permission for that though.But a hundred and forty quid for two letters,which must have taken five minutes each to type,that works out they charge £840 pound an hour for letter responding:wow:I can see why we used to laugh at victor meldrew,although now i am starting to think him somewhat:lol:
Sounds like alot of hassle and expense for nothing, have you looked at buying up the freehold on the place and getting rid of all that kind of bother?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts