Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be fitting a set of side skirts this week while this weather holds up, using Tigerseal. Has anyone used this stuff before, and if so how long does it need to be clamped/pressure applied?
I will not be driving the car for at least 36 hours but have worked out some clamps to hold them in place but they need the doors to be open and obviously don't want to sleep in the car.

Cheers

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Not long........I think I just used a jack and wood to hold mine in place.

Make sure sure you have lots of old cloths ready along with panel wipe to remove any unwanted tiger seal......its solid stuff.

If applying to paint....sand the paint down where the tiger seal will be and clean it with that panel wide.....two people to hold and adjust it in place...

I am sure I was driving my car the next day - fitted it in the morning!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah have sorted out a good clamping system for them and can keep that on for a good 8 hours, was just hoping I wouldn't need it longer than that.
Evel, I did see you mention that stuff on another thread but couldn't get my hands on any without buying a case of 12 tubes, hence the Tigerseal.

G

·
0 Posts
Tiger seal... Good stuff.
As long as the surface is thoroughly clean.
As far as holding the sill covers?
Easiest way I found was to open the doors, put the front seats as far back as they go and use thin ratchet straps under the floorpan and over the door seals and gently ratchet it tight across the the front carpets and rear carpets. Use cardboard to protect door seals and centre console... Don't need to go too tight... Just enough to secure properly... They will never seperate again;)

Bring back Tapatalk !!!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Graham, is similar to what I have devised for the front but it's a 3 door 147 so I am using a van either side and some bar clamps to hold the rear sections on till they set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts