Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Wish I'd found this forum earlier it's fantastic and I've found solutions to many of my 155 problems :rolleyes:

Anyway, to the current problem.

My 155 1.8 16v ts has a tickover problem. Basically it starts fine, runs fine but just cuts out if you come off the throttle. This has been an ongoing problem for a while now. Alfa dealers keep cleaning? something and it is OK for a couple of months before it starts again, usually quite suddenly on startup. There are no associated warning lights either.

Any ideas? :)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
so you take your foot off the accelerator and the revs drop like a stone???

Idle valve, lurks in the air intake pipe after the airbox, air temp sensor and airflow meter and before the throttlebody, simply undo two torques bolts (least i think they're torques :confused: ) remove Idle valve being careful of gasket, spray liberally inside with carb cleaner, empty sh1tty stuff out, liberally spray with wd40 to lubricate and .....refit is a reverse of removal ;)

And hopefully Robert's your mother's brother :D

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So that would be what they are cleaning all the time then ;)

Cheers for that, I will give it a go after work tonight and let you know whether it sorts it out.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would suggest that if they're having to clean it all the time it may be fubar'd. New one is about £120 notes from memory :O

wrinx

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I took it off and cleaned it. No change.

Then this morning no change. However when I got to work it's fine and ticking over nicely :rolleyes:

I'm gonna re-check all the electrical connections and see if that gets me anywhere, otherwise :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts