Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boot lock has not been working (no noise when pushing the button or the badge) so I decided to change the lock mechanism. I did that today, but the lock still doesn't work. I sat in the car and turned the Ind boot lock on and off a few times (I have no idea what this does or whether it should be on or off) and pressed the boot lock button on the fob when in the car. When I pressed it there was a ticking from the fuse box. I can't get the fuse out to have a look at it. But shouldn't the ticking be a relay, and would the boot lock have a relay? And more importantly why would the fuse tick if it was broken?

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anybody sat in their car pressed the boot open on the keyfob and heard clicking from the fusebox? That would help me a bit.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The clicking is most likely to be a relay I can’t see how a fuse can tick unless it’s on a high current circuit and has poor contact.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anybody sat in their car pressed the boot open on the keyfob and heard clicking from the fusebox?
I have just tried what you described and ...................................... I also hear one click when I open the boot via the keyfob. (coming from the fuse area)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Feeling completely useless. Can't get the fuse out to have a look. I may sound like a knob, but believe me I have changed engines clutches brakes...everything on a car, but I am having a nightmare. it doesn't help that all my tools are in Thailand though...lol. Not even got pliars. My 156's used to have a handy little tool to take the fuses out. 159's are officially ****...lol

Definitely started the wrong end. Should have gone fuse box passed the wiring harness in the boot to the lock. Still, if it turns out to be the fuse arrrrgggghh, I will have a boot lock going cheap to any one on here:angel:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Thee should be a little plastic device in the top of the fuse box to remove the fuses
The fuse box does contain a number of relays...try swapping similar ones around and see if clicking moves to another function

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thee should be a little plastic device in the top of the fuse box to remove the fuses
The fuse box does contain a number of relays...try swapping similar ones around and see if clicking moves to another function
Thanks. I will need to get my glasses on to have a look

1 - 7 of 7 Posts