Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's taken me a whole week before being calm enough to post this without huge areas of asterixes.

Wife sees that Peter Kay is doing a pile of gigs in Manchester, and now other places too, so she asks if I fancy a treat for my 40th. I say yes so she goes upstairs and comes down in a nurses outfit.

No, she goes upstairs to log on and book tickets. I hear cursing and swearing, and it's not her getting into said outfit, its the ticketmaster website that only asks you which specific night you want to go!
Why not just list the dates where tickets can still be got! Everytime we entered a date,waited the 3 minutes as your in a queue, just to be told that there are no tickets available! Try doing that on a mobile dongle thing, flaming infuriating.
Gave up in the end and got the nurses uniform out.;)

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
Their systems aren't capable of coping with the demand when something as big as Peter Kay (oops, sorry Peter, not like that) is released.
You end up with people who got on in plenty of time losing out because the system locked up, and people who got on loads later cashing in instead. :(

I hesitate to say that we were some of the lucky ones, and have got tickets on this occasion, but we've been in your position more than once.

Another thought - heard him saying that he is going to tour after all, so there will be more tickets released at some point.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
+1 Don't like Ticketmaster, such a PITA.
For big events unless you've got a morning to waste on release day you may as well forget it!

(btw - Can't wait for Die Well 'Ard :cheese:)

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i usually phone direct to the venue and book in their booking office...so much easier:)

and if you phone early enough you get to choose your seats....job done

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Managed to book mine on the Saturday @ 11am. No waiting. No crashes. 4 tickets booked. Simples

(Doesn't help much I've never had issues with the Ticketmaster website)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Did some work on "a major ticketing system" a few years back. Like all of its competitors it was an ancient bit of software desperately being held together by hacks, with functionality added on here there and everywhere with no thought for how it all linked together. Quite eye opening; all the companies in this sphere seem to put 99.99% of their effort into writing labyrinthine contracts to tie venues into their systems and make sure there's no alternative way to buy a ticket. Actually producing a useable and flexible ticketing system... don't be silly. That sort of thing costs money.

H

·
0 Posts
That's not my gripe with ticketmaster, oh no.

My gripe is the admin charge per ticket . (Exactly how much more admin goes into despatching 2 tickets rather than 1? :confused:) and their friendly option to print off your tickets, using your own ink, and your own paper, and you still have to pay ticketmaster for the privelige? And it's the same cost as their p+p charges?

wtf?!!!

And their ridiculousy tight limits on tickets for some gigs. I tried to book for ACDC, and it would only let us have 2 tickets. Is it really that unthinkable that Mrs HST and I might want to go to a gig with my best mate and his missus? :confused: By all means limit tickets to help beat the touts, but at least limit them to 4 or 6 tickets per booking, not just 2 :mad:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
i found waiting till a few days before the event and have a look on ebay as theres always some poor sod who cant go so lists front seat tickets for face value. i got some great tickests to see fleewood mac this was last month.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
the place I work uses a ticketing system called ENTA and it is rubbish and very expensive the latest version 4 has spent its life causing issues since the upgrade which is driving our boxoffice team mad ......but as ExBrick says its all about the tie, we also have blocks of tickets sold by Ticketmaster and we often find mistakes in those bookings

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had a run in with ticket master when having booked tickets about a year in advance for a gig in yorkshire I was planning on taking the wife to when we were visiting my folks. About a month before we were due to go, stuff came up which meant postponing our trip. Rang ticket master and was told no chance of a refund despite the gig being sold out and tickets going for a fortune on ebay.

My Dad knew somebody at his office who wanted the tickets so I rang ticket master back to ask if they could dispatch the tickets to my Dad's address and was told no they have to go to the address used at time of booking. I pointed out that a year is a long time for them to a)hold my money with me having no product and b) do they really think people are going to move house sometimes between booking a ticket and going to the event.

Anyhow the tickets arrived a whole 4 days before the gig which was just enough time to get them forwarded to yorkshire. The cheeky buggers then emailed me "you recently contacted our customer service dept. we pride oursleves on being helpful, could you please give us some feedback on your experience" Needless to say my keyboard was in melt down by the time I finshed replying to that email.

Ticket master are bunch of crooks using their monopoly to get away with inflating ticket prices and charges, surely they must be governed by the same rules which saw credit card charges slashed. I hate the fact that I have to use them to buy tickets, what happened to the good old days when you could queue at the box office.

PS I got Peter Kay tickets :p

·
Registered
118 Posts
Unforunately, up in Aberdeen anything decent is sold by Ticket Master or through the box office using the ETNA system you love.

I remember queuing up at the SECC in Glasgow for tickets to see U2's elevation tour, they'd added dates at the last minute and there was a mad scramble for tickets. When I finally got to the front of the queue I was told I could buy a max of 4 tickets, so I asked for 4 and gave the rather harassed girl a cheque, she then gave me my tickets, receipt and cheque back and I have to admit to pocketing the lot and not saying a thing. In my defence I was a student at the time and selling 2 of the tickets went a long way to clearing my overdraft.

E

·
0 Posts
That's not my gripe with ticketmaster, oh no.

My gripe is the admin charge per ticket . (Exactly how much more admin goes into despatching 2 tickets rather than 1? :confused:) and their friendly option to print off your tickets, using your own ink, and your own paper, and you still have to pay ticketmaster for the privelige? And it's the same cost as their p+p charges?

wtf?!!!

And their ridiculousy tight limits on tickets for some gigs. I tried to book for ACDC, and it would only let us have 2 tickets. Is it really that unthinkable that Mrs HST and I might want to go to a gig with my best mate and his missus? :confused: By all means limit tickets to help beat the touts, but at least limit them to 4 or 6 tickets per booking, not just 2 :mad:
Sir I salute you! Someone with my take on how much effin money TM make out of a single transaction.
I bought 4 tickets to see the Killers in Dublin ealier this year. which I printed off.
£6.50 per ticket booking fee, some other extortionate fee for paying with a debit/credit card (how the hell else am I going to pay on a web site that doesnt accept other forms of payment>), some other vaugue additions to the total and all in all rather than £140 (4 x £35), I think the overall total was just over £180.

I will still never buy any tickets from ebay though, thats just touts. People who purely buy tickets to sell them on for profit and preventing real fans from paying a fair price to see a band they like.
Scamming bunch of !&£T^$**$^T"£$T$"£^%$^£"*("!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts