Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While running them all about yesterday in TIa I had to drive over debris ridden roads from all the roadworks M74/M73 ext and various building sites I heard objects firmly striking the underneath.
When parking up on the drive I saw a trail on the road which had followed my path.
Was it the Age auld Aisle Cooler Pipe Saga OR semmit else.

Checked trail and didn't appear tay be ailse.
SO methinks brake fluid.

Aisle check in the Moaning Me Thinks.

Well a wet day and spectrum pools "everywhere" so I'll need a Fleetwood Mac as tropical storm "Barbara" ann....ba ba ba srriving imminently......SO

MAN YAN AAARGH.

1)Aisle cooler pipe
2)Petrol pipe
3)Petrol Tank
4)Sump
5)Summit Else.

Better day ahead

Pomeo (YUP Sleet happens just when you needed it least.)

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No ideas anyone?
Well after hosing all the rainbow water away with a hose fray the monoblocked runway(Drive for English and other language readers)(It confuses the sheet out of comparison sites phone calls..Like How do you avoid the planes..Me Eh? Whit??) Me thinks to save spending excessive time and labour hosing it all away I'll move her to the end of the road and Hurricane Barbara will clean the drive for me...Smart or Whit Eh?
I thought the hose had been cleaning it awe away all day but a neighbor thought my dementia had cut in and I'd accidentally left the hose on. He turned it aff..AAARGH.
So I goes oot tay move her and as soon as she started I had my Bamber Gascoine Starter fur 10.
Yup It's no a disease...It's a condition.

So until the next hot above 10 deg C Dry day to hump her up on the bricks to see where the damage is I'll need to try to source prospective parts.So it is fixed in wan fowl sweep.Well it's Xmas.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Pomeo

So to 166ers (Or others) Why Oh Why does is always happen at this time o year

·
Registered
431 Posts
Not great timing Pomeo, hope you can get it fixed once storm Barbara has had her way with you
Commiserations Pomeo

Are you sure you haven't got someone trapped and bleeding under that car?
Look on the bright side, think of Nicola and just try and enjoy Christmas.
Remember the true reason we all have more than one Alfa..........and you surely have more 'insurance' than most

Kind regards and a very happy Christmas
Aggy

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Pomeo let me guess:You are on rate-able value and your kind neighbour thinks you are just like him, on metered water...? Or maybe in Scotland piped water is free as you are awash with it most of the time and the water board need to give incentives to shift some of it ?

As for the TIa leak..you missed power steering from your list of possibly damaged pipes...

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not great timing Pomeo, hope you can get it fixed once storm Barbara has had her way with you
Just like lightning Sir Tam. Really BAD timing.So do I Tam, So do I

Commiserations Pomeo

Are you sure you haven't got someone trapped and bleeding under that car?
Look on the bright side, think of Nicola and just try and enjoy Christmas.
Remember the true reason we all have more than one Alfa..........and you surely have more 'insurance' than most

Kind regards and a very happy Christmas
Aggy
It couldn't be her surely Maggy. :lol: I'd get more than the jail with what I would do compared to Trump n Clinton. :rofl: Will do despite wee hiccup.

Pomeo let me guess:You are on rate-able value and your kind neighbour thinks you are just like him, on metered water...? Or maybe in Scotland piped water is free as you are awash with it most of the time and the water board need to give incentives to shift some of it ?

As for the TIa leak..you missed power steering from your list of possibly damaged pipes...
No just a neighbor returning the guesture. Being helpful he thought. Yup I missed PS as she was driving fine when parked...BUTT after the stuff had leaked out I noticed as soon as I started her....NO PS. So just left it until I can source the problem.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup A one question shoot out. OR Shooty inny. Just drove her up on the bricks to jack her up and see underneath and lo and behold what is hanging down is the power steering oil cooler. It had been scraping along the road until hole appeared and let the oil oot.

All the holding on bits had failed as had lower bumper fitments. Had I had the undertray on it might not have occurred. .Cellar Vee.

Pomeo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts