Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I've just bought a low mileage 159 2.2JTS ti SW in red, as I fell in love at first sight. However after the rose tinted glasses have been removed I've noticed a few niggles.
One of glaring ones is that one wing has a 3x3 ti badge instead of the 2x2 one, must have been repainted as the Giugiaro badge is a poor copy one as well.
I've got hold of new badges and I was going to copy the placement of the other wing, however I've realised that is wrong as the ti badge is below the indicator instead of at the same level.
I've found the post for placement of the Guigiaro badge, but nothing for the ti badge.
Could one of you fine people do me a big favour and measure the placement of the wing ti badge on your car?

Thank you in anticipation ?

James

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As I had to take the ti badges off, I thought I'd see if it was possible to improve the faded i part of the badge. Attached photo is of the old badge on the left and a new badge on the right. This was achieved by masking the chrome part with some tape, then carefully wet sanding with 1500 grit, finishing with some plastic polish.
I'm going to try doing the boot one whilst still on the car.

Can anyone help with the measurements for the position to stick these back on to the wings?

Thanks,

James

Attachments

·
Registered
3,338 Posts

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Lh badge, to top corner of 'I':

48mm from edge of wing
128mm from top of blue guigaro badge, top edge roughly level from top of indicator

Rh badge, to top of 'i' n:
75mm from edge of wing, height and placement as above.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brilliant, I'll try sticking them on tonight.
I'd be interested in the vinyl for the kick plates. That's one of my next jobs to get rid of the scratches and repaint the 'i'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts