Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I put 18" Ti wheels on my 156? I really want a 159 Ti sportwagon but 1, I don't have any money and 2, my 156 sportwagon is perfect (apart from the wheels) I've had the car for nearly 5 years and it's time I bought new wheels. I've looked at a website that do replica wheels for all Alfas but the Ti style is the wheel that I drool over every time I see them. And I think they are perfect for the shape of that car. I don't need comfort because I do about 3000 miles per year and I drive at 40mph max because I carry ladders and a bucket of water in the back so it's purely superficial. Do I order 5 x 98 or 5 x 108 with 35??? offset. And what size tyre would be best?
This is the site
http://www.wspitaly.com/catalogo-prodotti/Alfa-Romeo/W251-Cannes.html

Merry Christmas and happy new year when it comes to all at a.o.

·
Registered
30,087 Posts
You need 5x98mm PCD.

Tyre size is 225/40R18

and probably ET35 offset.

But the ride & handling will suffer with 18" wheels.

L

·
0 Posts
Are the 18" Ti rims from a 159? if yes the 18" will have PCD of 110?mm and they won't wit the 156 hub 98mm PCD, as per what David C said.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Like I said I don't travel far or fast so ride and handling are not important. I haven't bought them yet I've just saw them on that site and will decide to get a set in the new year either from there or fleebay but I don't have a clue when it comes to pcd or offset but I know theres plenty of experts on here. Side skirts are also on the list because it's just a turismo.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I will get it all done so it looks snazee. Lowering can be done at any garage I take it.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
18" will be awful IMO. 17" is bad enough in the UK, although just about worth the roughness. It's around town at 30mph that it sucks, not motorway cruising where it's lovely.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hazz pm'd. Are 18s so bad. I know I should know better at my age but every time I see they wheels I drool a little and the car only gets used for work so that's why I'm not fussed about the ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts